Most of the guitars I want to buy come with a Floyd rose. But I never use the bridge. I have no need for the dive bombs or any of that stuff but was wondering if there is a way to permanently disable the system? I tune lower quite often to drop A or B standard. Could I simply remove the springs and precisely fit the tremolo block between 2 measured and cut out blocks of hardwood? If I do so correct and make the bridge parallel to the body, will it do just fine? Thank you!
Last edited by slyrez at Mar 29, 2016,
Yeah, that's called blocking the trem and it's very common. Works great.
Why wouldn't you just buy a hardtail? Most guitars come in multiple configurations...not to mention you are paying a premium for a trem system that will not be used.....thats something to consider.
Sure you can do that. But it seems counterproductive to spend a substantial amount of money on a guitar with a bridge that you're never going to use. All you'll be left with is a very expensive set of fine tuners which is still a PITA to adjust the action and intonation on.

Which guitars were you looking at?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 29, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Sure you can do that. But it seems counterproductive to spend a substantial amount of money on a guitar with a bridge that you're never going to use. All you'll be left with is a very expensive set of fine tuners which is still a PITA to adjust the action and intonation on.

Which guitars were you looking at?

I was looking into esp M series. I love the look of them and the body style is my favorite but they all come in floyds so :/
Quote by slyrez
I was looking into esp M series. I love the look of them and the body style is my favorite but they all come in floyds so :/

Why not consider the NT versions of the Mirage?

There's a sea of options for superstrat guitars out there with fixed bridges that getting one with a Floyd just to never use it is completely nonsensical. Especially when you have the budget to consider buying an actual ESP.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 29, 2016,
Ya might wanna take a look at Schecter. They've got alot of similar designs in more configurations.