What's the point of a tilted pedalboard/train? It seems harder to navigate and use, especially for a wah pedal. Don't get mad at me for asking this... I don't even own a pedal board and only have one pedal to my name. I'm just curious. Maybe it's a preference thing?

How many people here prefer a tilted board to a flat one?
To the people that have wah pedals and tilted boards... is it manageable?
lol
I would suspect it's to make the back row(s) of pedals a little more accessible, but I agree that it's not something I'd tend to go for.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
A tilted board makes it easier to get to the top row without disturbing the bottom row.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Using a pedalboard is all about practice, whether it's on a flat board, a tilted one, or the board and the floor are the same thing.

If you're used to the setup, it'll work well. If you've been using a flat pedal board, but change to a tilted one 15 minutes before your gig, it'll be stressful as hell.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It's pretty simple. It's ergonomics. Your leg describes an arc when you lift it without bending your knee. That bit of tilt helps accommodate that. It's similar to the radius of your fretboard; your fingers naturally curve, and folks discovered long ago that it feels a bit better if the fretboard accommodates that. It's slight, but noticeable. The same thing applies to "fanned fret" fretboards, for that matter. If you rotate your forearm around your elbow, it describes an arc. A well-designed fanned fret board will actually be slightly easier to play (once you've gotten used to it) than straight frets.
Yeah I guess I can see how the back pedals would be easier to reach without hitting the front pedals, but that would only apply to a board. If you're using a single pedal train, it still would make no sense, yet I've seen tilted ones for sale.
I would still imagine the wah being difficult to use on a tilted board, but if that's what your used to, I'm sure you would argue that flat is harder.
lol
If you play standing up, I think a tilt is a easier on your legs to get to the full toe position than it is on a flat board. And reachability is a big factor. I had a flat board, but I wouldn't want a flat board anymore after having used a tilted one.
Quote by lucasoppen
Yeah I guess I can see how the back pedals would be easier to reach without hitting the front pedals, but that would only apply to a board. If you're using a single pedal train, it still would make no sense, yet I've seen tilted ones for sale.
I would still imagine the wah being difficult to use on a tilted board, but if that's what your used to, I'm sure you would argue that flat is harder.

But a pedaltrain is a board.

Are you talking about the pedaltrain boosters?

Those are to go on top of a pedalboard to raise a pedal even more.
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
If you have big feet it's a lot easier. Thought on my first gig I was turning on a boost pedal for a solo and instead hit the clean channel on my amp
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
George Juggles, I was talking about those single row pedal trains that you can only fit about 4-5 pedals max. My bad for not being clear. I realize those aren't exactly popular.
lol
Quote by lucasoppen
George Juggles, I was talking about those single row pedal trains that you can only fit about 4-5 pedals max. My bad for not being clear. I realize those aren't exactly popular.

Well certainly as far as I know those produced by Pedaltrain tend to be flat I suspect it makes relatively little difference when all you have is one row of footswitches to press.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one