Page 1 of 2
Big work trip coming up. Lebanon, Jordan then Australia. Anybody want to give me tips, sights, food, general recommendations from a first hand experience?

Will have time outside work duties in all locations so all recommendations are welcome.

Hotel and airplane living though...

Help me out?
the wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion
I'm an Aussie,

Whereabouts in 'Straya are you headed mate?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Jordan is pretty great. Try to find a place that has traditional Bedouin dinners and shit. And as tourist-trappy as it is Petra is fucking amazing. Jerash is pretty cool as well.

I was told Wadi-Rum is a must see but we didn't get to see it because of time constraints.

The Dead Sea is a pretty interesting experience but if you aren't particularly interested in high buoyancy it's not that great.

That's about it, we went with an agency which unfortunately means we mostly saw standard tourist stuff. Hopefully someone else will give you better advice.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I'm an Aussie,

Whereabouts in 'Straya are you headed mate?

I'll be based in Canberra while I'm there but will be going to Sydney, Melbourne as well.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Jordan is pretty great. Try to find a place that has traditional Bedouin dinners and shit. And as tourist-trappy as it is Petra is fucking amazing. Jerash is pretty cool as well.

I was told Wadi-Rum is a must see but we didn't get to see it because of time constraints.

The Dead Sea is a pretty interesting experience but if you aren't particularly interested in high buoyancy it's not that great.

That's about it, we went with an agency which unfortunately means we mostly saw standard tourist stuff. Hopefully someone else will give you better advice.

That's awesome, thanks man
Le Pasta is in Melbourne, hit him up!
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Uhh if you can choose between those places, choose Australia :p
My God, it's full of stars!
Ali might be Lebanese or Jordanian depending on his mood today.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Dreadnought
Uhh if you can choose between those places, choose Australia :p

Haha yeah i hear that. Actually looking forward to getting back to that region. And was lucky to get Australia on this contract.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Australia

how long will this trip be and when does it start?

Total trip time will be about 6 months starting in June. About a month of that will be in Australia. Will be there in November.
Quote by chrismendiola
yr mum is lebanese nuts

good job little dude
Australian here. Don't come to Perth unless you want to be bored shitless.
Yeah Petra's cool. You can also camp out in the Wadi Rum.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Damn that sounds fun.

Also thinking back visiting Amman was interesting as well. You get to see the markets and people going about their daily lives. I know there are sites to see as well but I'm gonna be honest, it's been years and I don't remember it that well.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by chrismendiola at #33895701
yr mum is lebanese nuts

We are witnessing first hand the demise of Chris Mendiola. It is only a matter of time now...
Quote by DardySon
Australian here. Don't come to Perth unless you want to be bored shitless.

True.

Canberra can be kind of boring too.

In Melbourne, there's always heaps of stuff to do, lots of cool bars, gigs, sport, restaurants etc.

I would suggest heading up Mt Dandenong for a day trip, has great views over Melbourne and the restaurant up there does some decent food.

Then just grab a train into the CBD, and just try out a bunch of bars. Try Cherry Bar, it always has amazing live music.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by theogonia777
Ali might be Lebanese or Jordanian depending on his mood today.

This is a thing now? That I lie about my nationality?

This is what I get for being a human of the world
At least I didn't say that you might be Australian.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Aussie here
And what's wrong with being Australian?
"The definition of a gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipes, and doesn't."
Quote by musicfreak0
Aussie here
And what's wrong with being Australian?

Well, people from Asia invented astronomy, silk making, gunpowder, and all kinds of electronic advancements. People from the Middle East invented the lute, robots, and advanced mathematics. Africans invented people and created some of the most technologically advanced. Europeans invented the democracy, Marxism, the television, the horror film, and the automobile. Americans invented the airplane, the atomic bomb, the light bulb, mass production, dunking from the foul line, Buffalo wings, and basically everything that has been mentioned.

Australia was a prison colony where they sent people that they didn't want to live the kangaroos.
Quote by theogonia777
Well, people from Asia invented astronomy, silk making, gunpowder, and all kinds of electronic advancements. People from the Middle East invented the lute, robots, and advanced mathematics. Africans invented people and created some of the most technologically advanced. Europeans invented the democracy, Marxism, the television, the horror film, and the automobile. Americans invented the airplane, the atomic bomb, the light bulb, mass production, dunking from the foul line, Buffalo wings, and basically everything that has been mentioned.

Australia was a prison colony where they sent people that they didn't want to live the kangaroos.

and yet if the punch card computer wasn't developed at the CSIRO this conversation wouldn't have happened

interesting
We also invented the goon bag and Hills Hoist clothesline, from which to hang said goon bag and play goon of fortune/goon roulette. I'm pretty sure they're more important than anything anyone else has invented.
Quote by DardySon
We also invented the goon bag and Hills Hoist clothesline, from which to hang said goon bag and play goon of fortune/goon roulette. I'm pretty sure they're more important than anything anyone else has invented.

I wish I still drank heavily sometimes
Quote by theogonia777 at #33896856

Resumptive pronoun sighting
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
Quote by Pastafarian96

I wish I still drank heavily sometimes

Last time I played it was in January and there were like 5 bags of fruity lexia, which is fucking vile (there were a lot of 18-20 year olds at the party) but after the first bag was done with and the second was attached nobody cared that it was fruity lexia anymore Twas a good night overall.
Quote by Pastafarian96
and yet if the punch card computer wasn't developed at the CSIRO this conversation wouldn't have happened

interesting

Not having to talk to Australians.
Quote by theogonia777
Not having to talk to Australians.

touché

out of curiosity, what exactly is it that you have against Australia?
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Mar 27, 2016,
Quote by Pastafarian96
touché

Mate, if you haven't noticed it yet she has it against virtually everything, its not worth responding to.
Quote by Rebel Scum
Mate, if you haven't noticed it yet she has it against virtually everything, its not worth responding to.

I know, I noticed a long time ago

but my curiosity has overcome
Quote by Pastafarian96
touché

Outback Steakhouse.
Lol what a caricature of Australian culture
Quote by Jet Penguin
Quote by Hail
Quote by theogonia777

Lol. Also aside from Buffalo wings, American/European settlers introduced lots of other things to the North American continent including bubonic plague, chicken pox, pneumonic plague, cholera, diphtheria, influenza, measles, scarlet fever, smallpox, typhus, tuberculosis, and whooping cough and killed roughly 95% if the indigenous population of the continent. Yay mass production. And the first robot was created at about 400 BC in Greece which is Mediterranean not middle eastern.
Quote by Rebel Scum

this is reffered to as 'quarry in minge'

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by robbmgdt at #33896972
Lol. Also aside from Buffalo wings, American/European settlers introduced lots of other things to the North American continent including bubonic plague, chicken pox, pneumonic plague, cholera, diphtheria, influenza, measles, scarlet fever, smallpox, typhus, tuberculosis, and whooping cough and killed roughly 95% if the indigenous population of the continent. Yay mass production. And the first robot was created at about 400 BC in Greece which is Mediterranean not middle eastern.

I think I'd rather have any other one of these things over buffalo wings.
Free Ali
Page 1 of 2