Went from daisy chain and no board to my new current setup:
Voodoo labs pedal power 2 plus, chain as follows: fender mexican telecaster, tc polytune, xotic sp compressor, way huge green rhino, joyo ultimate drive, fender distortion, boss DA-2 distortion, tc flashback, ditto looper, to peavey delta blues 115.

It's still pretty loud any time i have more than one OD/distortion pedal on at the same time. Is this just how it is, or did i do something wrong w/ my setup. Admittedly, i barely know what I'm doing.
What do you mean by loud? You mean background hum?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Well you're running single coils so some hum is to be expected - and lots of gain will always add to that. The very cheap drive pedals might contribute too; I haven't tried them.

If you want to sort it out, a cheap solution would be a noise gate though not everybody agrees with those things. Using a guitar with humbuckers would help too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Will Lane
Try using one of the in-between positions of the pickup toggle. Does the noise go mostly away?

Do Teles usually have a hum-cancelling position? I don't think mine does...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Nope, not if it is loaded with single coils. I still really like the tone and response from a Std Tele though. It just always cuts through.

Stacked distortion/OD/compression pedals are death to nearly any signal chain. They just amplify noise on top of noise until all you get is... noise. HB pickups help a little but not enough. Turn that S..t off and find a better way to get your tone.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Mar 26, 2016,
Using multiple overdrive pedals at once will always create noise. I'd suggest spending some time with each overdrive and really finding everything it has to offer. If you can find spuds you like out of a single overdrive it'll almost always be way quieter than two stacked.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Try moving your compressor to a spot after your overdrive/distortion pedals. Compressors often add a lot of hum and if it's before your OD/Dist, that hum is just being amplified. Plus, compressors are typically placed further back in the chain.

Good luck!
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Oh, I thought I read Strat in the OP. Still I thought the middle position was hum cancelling.