Got this today and it's awesome. Strandberg Boden OS8 in black stain with rosewood board and Lace pickups. Haven't spent much time with it yet, but my first impressions are that the QC is very good. Not absolutely perfect, but no issues that I would even consider minor. It is incredibly light. It makes my chambered 6 string Vader seem fat. I weighed it and it weighs an incredible 5lbs. It is probably the most resonant guitar I have ever heard. Super loud unplugged. I have only gotten a few minutes with it plugged in so far, but I think I'm going to like the Lace X Bars. The neck definitely feels unique, but comfortable. If anyone doesn't know the specs are as follows:
Chambered swamp ash body
Flame maple top
Endurneck with rosewood stripes and carbon fiber fillets
Rosewood board
Stainless jumbo frets
20" radius
26.5-28" scale
lace X Bars
Luminlay top and side dots

ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
great looking axe! With that strap pin placement, it looks pretty much guaranteed that you need straplocks.... or else

You should install a bottle opener on the bottom of the top part of the bridge cavity. I'm sure it will come in handy!
Quote by yellowv
Got this today and it's awesome. Strandberg Boden OS8 in black stain with rosewood board and Lace pickups. Haven't spent much time with it yet, but my first impressions are that the QC is very good. Not absolutely perfect, but no issues that I would even consider minor. It is incredibly light. It makes my chambered 6 string Vader seem fat. I weighed it and it weighs an incredible 5lbs.

There's not really much to chamber on a Vader (nor on a Strandberg), but the Strandberg lops off a good chunk of the body all together on the bottom bout, and I'd guess that accounts for most of it. The Vaders I've seen have clocked in at around 6 lbs. The Carvin Holdsworth Headless has a smaller body than the Vaders, and they're around 5.1 lbs.

My question would be: is it neck heavy? Eight string guitars can be a little clunky in that regard, especially hanging in a strap. With such low body weight, I think I'd be a bit concerned, so you can answer that question for me.

Congrats on the new arrival!
Sweet! I'm slowly warming up to the headless look. Functionally they are undeniable, but guitar is a vain mans game...

Beautiful finish though, and it looks like an absolute monster player!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Very nice.

Now PLAY that mofo!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
No it's not neck heavy. It is very well balanced. Cutting the headstock off really helps with that. Lol. Actually the Bodens do have quite a bit of chambering done to them.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
wow that's awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Great looking guitar!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by yellowv
No it's not neck heavy. It is very well balanced. Cutting the headstock off really helps with that. Lol. Actually the Bodens do have quite a bit of chambering done to them.

I realize that. I've seen them. But the amount of wood actually removed (in terms of ounces) doesn't seem to be all that much relative to the overall weight of the guitar.
Beautiful axe, although I must admit the headless look has always been strange for me, it would take some getting used to.

HNGD Rock on!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge