Just got a D'agostino custom electric guitar and I can't find the information anywhere! I saw one that looked similar but it just said les Paul copy. I'd appriciate it guys! Added a pic
Attachments:
image.jpeg
Les Paul copy is an accurate description.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-single-cuts/233651-dagostino-les-paul-questions.html

Instruments produced in Italy by the EKO company between 1978 and 1982. After 1982, instruments were produced in Japan (then later Korea). Instrument production was contracted to the EKO custom shop in Milwaukee, WI. Distributed by PMS Music of New York, NY.
Pat D'Agostino (ex-Gibson/Maestro effects) began his own instrument importing company in 1975. The D'Agostino Corporation of New Jersey began importing acoustic dreadnaughts, then introduced the Italian-built Benchmark Series of guitars in 1977. These models featured laminated neck-through designs, two humbuckers and a three-per-side headstock. Production then moved to Korea in the early 1980s, although some better models were built in Japan during the 1990s. Pat, assisted by Steven D'Agostino and Mike Confortti, has always maintained a high quality control level and limited quantities. Used guitars are typically priced between $150 and $250. Source: Michael Wright, Vintage Guitar Magazine.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Hi, Im Ed and I havent found my guitar on here. I don't have it with me yet (just won the auction) and will give more info as I can. All I know about it is that is a les paul replica and that someone removed most of the brand name on the headstock. It appears to be in cursive and appears to begin with the letter "E". here is the pic of the headstock.

1) that means it is probably either an Edwards someone tried to pass off as a Gibson, or something cheaper someone tried to pass off as an Edwards that was passing as a Gibson.

2) you really should have started your own thread instead of threadjacking this one.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
1) that means it is probably either an Edwards someone tried to pass off as a Gibson, or something cheaper someone tried to pass off as an Edwards that was passing as a Gibson.

2) you really should have started your own thread instead of threadjacking this one.

I couldn't figure out how to create my own thread so I posted it on here, sorry. I don't think its an edwards because the font for the brand is different see?

http://www.gitarrgrejer.com/EdwardsLP001.JPG
Quote by dannyalcatraz at #33912997

How do you figure that? There are tons of brands that make knockoff LP's and Edwards makes no bolt-on LPs and have an open book headstock. Not to mention that the guitar looks pretty old and Edwards didn't really start up until the 90s.

If anything, I'd say it's closer to an Eko Kiwi Special, an El Torres or something weird like that. Headstock style seems like a Terada build.

A few Terada factory headstocks for reference:

El Torres:

Emperador:

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 6, 2016,
LP copies run full spectrum from excellent to scheit. If you like it, play it. No pedigree so little or no collector value.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY