I have very strange problem with an A/B pedal that I built which seems to create a lot of noise from my Cube when my 6505 has a cable plugged into it. When the 6505 is disconnected at the input, the noise from the Cube goes away.

But what really led me to making this thread is that even if the 6505 is not plugged into the A/B (but the other end of the cable is plugged into the input of the amp), the noise appears and disappears when the cable leading to the 6505 is plugged/unplugged at the amp's input.

How is this possible? How can noise be generated in the other amp even if the 6505 isn't even plugged into the A/B? The amp is effectively disconnected from the signal path. There is no electrical connection. So what is causing the noise?

EDIT: I think I've found the culprit. The problem is being caused by the fact that amp A and amp B are running from the same wall socket. When the 6505 is unplugged from the mains, the noise goes away. Which leads me to think that the noise problem is being caused by the 6505 itself and not the A/B.

What courses of action should I take in solving this problem?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 27, 2016,
I think your are experiencing a ground loop. For me, I noticed that when I would touch the metal end of the mic cable that mics my amp, a bit of noise would be reduced from the amp itself. Look it up and see what solutions you can find.
I think I know that a ground loop occurs when there are multiple paths to the same common ground. But how to actually tackle the problem is something that's out of my depth because it could be caused by any number of things.

Is this something I just have to learn to live with? By the mere fact that I'm running two amps into the same wall socket which therefore creates more than one path to ground?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What if I decided that on the A/B pedal, I disconnected one of the grounds leading to one of the output jacks? That way, any ground loop that is occurring between one amp and the other will be lifted because the signal is already being grounded through the case of the A/B into the sleeve of the other output leading to the other amp. The signal going to the Cube will therefore be grounded through the 6505's ground.

Do you think that this would work?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've tried my idea out, but no luck. With both amps are plugged into the A/B, I still get hum. Even when I disconnect one of the sleeves of one of the output jacks.

Does anybody have any more ideas?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Anyone?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru