So for some unknown reason the first thread has been closed. No explanation? It had 17.5k posts so I guess they are popular enough for another thread. Even if these forums are essentially dead at this point...

Anyway discuss Dream Theater.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Apparently they aren't popular enough...

Anyway I have tickets to the Images and Words anniversary tour - can't wait!

These forums are pretty much dead. Also, Dream Theater doesn't get a whole lot of love around here. Most just seem to not be interested, and of the people that care enough to bother talking about DT, most seem to be the "lol it's just mindless shredding because I heard 10 seconds of one solo that one time" troll types.

Anyway, I'm down to talk some Dream Theater. Just saw them a few weeks ago on the Astonishing tour. It. Was. Incredible.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Even up towards the end of 2015 the last thread was fairly active. Shame.

Awesome - my feelings about that album are that it is fantastic, if you have 2 hours to sit down and follow the whole story.

Definitely. I love the album, but only listen to it so much, because there's really only a couple tracks that can be fully appreciated on their own, without listening to the whole thing. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's a concept album. I feel the same way about Scenes From a Memory. But yeah, the show was amazing. The visual aspect really did a lot to help tie the story together. Like, having the characters on the screens as their lines were being sang. Made following the dialog much easier in the songs where several characters are involved.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Will always have a place for Dream Theater. John Petrucci is too amazing!
So set lists are appearing for the Images and Words tour... the encore is A Change Of Seasons...

Holy shit.