Hi! Im looking for an amp for somewhere near the sound of early Metallica to Black album for around 600€.

I currently own a KH-202 that i bought used (Real or copy I don't know), Boss DS-1 and a GCB 95 wah pedal. Im also thinking of buying a delay and a chorus pedal in the future, suggestions?

Thanks!
Band or alone?

Peavey: Used JSX, XXX, Ultra 212
Marshall: Used TSL, Used DSL401/40C, new or used DSL15C
Mesa: Used Rectoverb 50 (occasional, though shipping would put you over)

If you mostly do Metallica only, that DS-1 will be unnecessary and can be sold. I'd consider putting towards a tube screamer-esque pedal
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
You either need a tube amp or solid state amp that does those sounds well. The Black Album is quite different than the previous albums so I'd say if we put AJFA as the cutoff date instead...

DSL15C perhaps or JCM900 with overdrive, Boss SD-1 or some kind of tubescreamer copy, even something low budget like Joyo should do. Other tube amps, I'd say the Peavey Valveking and Laney VC15 will get you there for sure, might need overdrive with these if nothing at least for leads.

http://www.thomann.de/de/marshall_dsl15c_2012.htm?ref=search_rslt_dsl15c_290733_0

http://www.thomann.de/de/laney_vc15110.htm?ref=search_rslt_laney+VC15_210944_0

http://www.thomann.de/de/peavey_valve_king_50_combo.htm?ref=search_rslt_valveking_330930_0

maybe the micro combo with HB 2x12:
http://www.thomann.de/de/peavey_valve_king_20_micro_head.htm?ref=search_rslt_valveking_330916_1
http://www.thomann.de/de/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm?ref=search_rslt_harley+benton+2x12_198064_0

You can also look into the Tech21 TM30 or TM60 (depending on size you'd need), those amps do a great early Metallica.
http://www.thomann.de/de/tech_21_trademark_60.htm?ref=search_rslt_tech21_123226_12
http://www.thomann.de/de/tech_21_power_engine_60_1x12_b_stock.htm?ref=search_rslt_tech21_297255_25
I think going used would definitely be the key. Getting a good cabinet will serve you well in the long run. Try going for a 2x12 cabinet with Vintage 30s in it, they'd be great for metal. I haven't heard bad things about the Harley Benton 2x12 cabinet that has V30s in it, could be a good buy.
Then for the head, as said above, Peavey has loads of good stuff. Laney Ironheart series amplifiers would be great as well, they're really versatile, could maybe nail that Black Album era sound as well. Stretching the budget a bit could be necessary for going new.

For the pedals, something of a tubescreamer style would be required, but, if you get the Ironheart, they have a built-in boost and can be switched on and off, that's why the Ironheart is my recommendation.
For the delay, if you want tap tempo, I would recommend going digital... I'm not too familiar with what delay pedals Metallica used in the past, but these days they are using digital as far as I know.
For a chorus I would definitely recommend the Corona Chorus by TC Electronic, Analog Chorus by MXR or if you want a bit cheaper, the Boss CE-5 or even Tone City Angel Wing.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Visual sound h20 v1. You can get them used for $60 and they have both a nice chorus and a nice delay.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Are you playing by yourself or more?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Im playing alone atm and i don't think i will be playing in a band for a while. Not many people playing metal in my little town
jet city head (one of the 2-channel ones, they're high gain) would probably be the thing if you're buying from thomann. combine with the harley benton g212 vintage cabinet (and a speaker cable, the cordial ones thomann sells are good and fairly inexpensive). and maybe an od pedal as a boost.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
try EVH 5150 III head or listen to the tone on Youtube, might work for you and within the budget
Gibson LP Custom
ESP KH-2
USA Dean Rust From Hell 35/100
Washburn N4 Corina 1/75
Washburn EA20S NB
Squier Hello Kitty
Dean Dime from Hell Baby
Randall Warhead (sale!)
Krank Rev Jr Pro
Yamaha THR10X
maybe fit some new pickups into that budget along with the amp.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Yeah i have been thinking of buying EMG 85/81 or 81/81 to my KH202 or should i maybe go with passive pickups?
i don't like the 81 much. my preference is 85/60. i really wouldn't go 81/81.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The guitar has a basswood body, does that effect what emg i should buy?
I don't play on clean so much.
BTW i found a DigiTech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive for 45€ and a Ibanez tubescreamer ts9 for 75€ Both used. Is it any difference for the Metallica tone? Or should i buy a SD-1 from Thomann?
I'd say bad monkey or a used hardwire CM-2 if you can find one (latter preferable, but BM isn't bad).

EVH III should do.

Pups: Kirk uses 81/81 currently, I've read he used to do 81/60. James as well, though he currently has his own set. Up to you if your budget allows active pickups after your head, cab, pedal but I'd test your current pickups on what you buy from those things first before swapping.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Visual sound h20 v1. You can get them used for $60 and they have both a nice chorus and a nice delay.

Visual Sound's H20 pedals are very good.

The V2 costs @$40 more and has a much stronger enclosure. The V3s (from the renamed TrueTone) still cost $170 or so, have some additional features, and are even better made. They also have a more conventional shape.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dennisbackgar1
BTW i found a DigiTech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive for 45€ and a Ibanez tubescreamer ts9 for 75€ Both used. Is it any difference for the Metallica tone? Or should i buy a SD-1 from Thomann?

€45 sounds very expensive for a used bad monkey. I think they've been discontinued, which might explain it, but just before they were discontinued you could pick up a new one on Amazon or Thomann for about £20 (which at the time was under €30). And on Thomann at least, that included a 3-year warranty.

The bad monkey's not bad, but there are better pedals- personally I'd say you should be able to do better than a Bad Monkey for €45, maybe even at new prices. The buffer's not great in the Bad Monkey, and it has a slightly muffled quality to the tone- tubescreamers, even good ones, can be too smooth with certain rigs but they aren't really muffled either.

SD1 is good but some have a bit of signal bleed in bypass- easily fixed with another buffered pedal in front, but obviously that ups the cost (unless you already have another buffered pedal) to the point where again there might be better options (though the SD1 is very nice, to be fair, apart from the bleed).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?