Hi, I'm new in the home recording so I honestly know almost nothing. I want to just record my guitar and that it will sound good.
My rig is EBMM Majesty
Audio interface: Mackie onyx blackjack
DAW: tracktion 5
Guitar sounds VST: guitar rig 5
I can try and go with another software besides guiar rig 5 if you know a better software. Or if you can give me a presents for it.
I also want to have a great sound for bass. I use Midi files from guitar pro 6 (where I write my music) of the bass section and put it in tracktion, but I can't find good simulator for bass.
Wish you can help me out!
if you aren't overly familiar i'm talking about plugging your guitar into an interface running into a digital audio workstation software on your computer. you use a virtul studio technology. they are pieces of mini software used within digital audio workstation software that process audio signals, plugin to process the signal and provide amp simulation, and effects.
OK but how I can get better sound? Especially in distortion. I play a lot of progressive metal like dream theater and fusion rock like ghutrie
Learn to work with the software.
(and roll back the gain)

Guitarrig is disliked by a group of people, but it is around for a reason, and heard some awesome tones created with it.

Some other plugins you could try are: Amplitube 3/4 (i love those) and positive grid bias (everybody seems to love that one) and the lepou amp sims (those are free)

But if you don't have some experience with the software it could be hard to get a good (recording) tone.

For bass i would look at the native instruments stuff, heard some good stuff about those instruments. But it will still sound nothing like a real bass guitar.
Quote by jaspervdv
Guitarrig is disliked by a group of people, but it is around for a reason, and heard some awesome tones created with it.
It's around as much as marshall MG amps, and with a hell of a lot of post production you can make a marshall MG sound good enough, but I don't see that as a reason to keep using MG amps.
Quote by jaspervdv
positive grid bias (everybody seems to love that one)
Bias is shilled by everyone, and the people who praise it so much seem to have never tried it.
Quote by jaspervdv
and the lepou amp sims (those are free)
These are a very very solid choice OP.
Quote by jaspervdv
But if you don't have some experience with the software it could be hard to get a good (recording) tone.
This is probably true OP, practice with the software you use and you'll lear to use it as you'll learn to make actual amps sound good/better.
Quote by jaspervdv
But it will still sound nothing like a real bass guitar.
Unless you get a good sample library and you program everything nicely enough, that is.

OP, have a look at the list of amp sims, cab sims and impulse responses in the recording section.
I'd highly recommend Ignite Amps Emissary for the stuff you mentioned, and LePou's stuff is also very solid.
If you want to invest some money into this I'd recommend bx_rockrack pro.

Also remember you need a cab simulation, that usually comes in form of impulse responses/IR files, which are the representation of how a sound should be changed (it's also used for reverbs), and an IR loader, like LePou LeCab 2.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by yuvalmaster
Hi, I'm new in the home recording so I honestly know almost nothing. I want to just record my guitar and that it will sound good.
My rig is EBMM Majesty
Audio interface: Mackie onyx blackjack
DAW: tracktion 5
Guitar sounds VST: guitar rig 5
I can try and go with another software besides guiar rig 5 if you know a better software. Or if you can give me a presents for it.
I also want to have a great sound for bass. I use Midi files from guitar pro 6 (where I write my music) of the bass section and put it in tracktion, but I can't find good simulator for bass.
Wish you can help me out!

Guitar rig is terrible and obsolete - try Bias, Amplitube 4 or Scuffam.
Quote by reverb66
Guitar rig is terrible and obsolete - try Bias, Amplitube 4 or Scuffam.

Try by all means but I wouldn't bag on Guitar Rig so quickly.
This was done in Guitar Rig Free (only the Plexi model with overdrive):
http://www.kompoz.com/music/collaboration/645935/file/654646