I just want to get some information of the Ibanez trems in case if I want to buy any Ibanezs
-I've been using floydrose before and I absolutely hate it that's why I prefer fixed bridge and other stuff
-Do Ibanez trems works like floydroses? The tuning and stuff I personally uses almost every single tuning and I would like to have the whammy stuff if I want to.
-When you broke a strings in floydrose I think its a huge deal for me so I would like to learn about the Ibanez trems
Breaking strings on any trem equipped guitar will make it go out of tune. That's just how it goes. No trem system will work well in multiple tunings because string tension needs to match spring tension and if you tune down, your strings get looser and that will cause the bridge to tilt back (same thing happens when you break a string). If you want one guitar to be able to change between different tunings, fixed bridge is a much better choice.

If you want to be able to switch between tunings and also play whammy stuff, maybe get two guitars - one with a tremolo bridge and another with fixed bridge. Keep the whammy guitar in one tuning and use the hardtail guitar to play in different tunings. Another thing would be buying a whammy pedal. And then there's Line 6 Variax that is a digital guitar and it allows you to play in any tuning without needing to re-tune your guitar.

But you need to decide what's more important - having a whammy bar or being able to play in multiple tunings without a hassle.

You can also do some whammy sounding stuff without a whammy bar by bending behind the nut, doing pre-bends and bending the neck and that kind of stuff.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
^ he has got it right.

Ibanez trems are kind of a offshoot and evolution of the floyd. It's spring vs string tension that makes the trem able to float. So obviously if you change the tension of the strings (different tunings, string break, etc) you have to change the spring tension.

My tremolo equipped guitars stay in same tuning. IMO if you want to switch tunings, get a hardtail or another guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The only efficient way to have multiple tunings and whammy is to have more than one guitar with a tremolo and tune them differently.

As said in previous posts any floating tremolo system is suseptable to going out of tune when a string breaks as well as havng to completely set up when changing tunings.

It will always be a compromise when using a floating style tremolo, limited tuning options on the fly and loss of tune due to string breakage. If you hate Floyd's you will likely hate the Ibanez Edge systems as well.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

you could always block it though. or a tremol-no (haven't tried one first hand yet though).

i have four ibanez prestiges. two in Estd and two in C#std. i never felt a desire to change tunings, and i never do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Breaking strings on any trem equipped guitar will make it go out of tune. That's just how it goes. No trem system will work well in multiple tunings because string tension needs to match spring tension and if you tune down, your strings get looser and that will cause the bridge to tilt back (same thing happens when you break a string). If you want one guitar to be able to change between different tunings, fixed bridge is a much better choice.

If you want to be able to switch between tunings and also play whammy stuff, maybe get two guitars - one with a tremolo bridge and another with fixed bridge. Keep the whammy guitar in one tuning and use the hardtail guitar to play in different tunings. Another thing would be buying a whammy pedal. And then there's Line 6 Variax that is a digital guitar and it allows you to play in any tuning without needing to re-tune your guitar.

But you need to decide what's more important - having a whammy bar or being able to play in multiple tunings without a hassle.

You can also do some whammy sounding stuff without a whammy bar by bending behind the nut, doing pre-bends and bending the neck and that kind of stuff.

This is only true for floating trems. All of this goes right out the window with a decked trem/Floyd or if it's setup for dive only. So this is not true for all trems at all.

@TS
IMO you will be best to get either a Tremolo Stopper or a Tremol-No (since I assume you have a floating FR). Installing one of these will make it to where you can set the FR to dive only. This will make it to where you can easily change tuning without a complete setup of the FR. And if you break a string it will be no different than breaking one on a fixed bridge. I'm personally not a fan of Ibanez bridges (besides the Original Edge). So that's that.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Mar 28, 2016,
So the upshot of this is that Ibanez trems are pretty much Floyd Rose trems (they were, after all, licensed for years).

And Joseph24 is correct that if you're doing a bunch of alternate tunings, dealing with a Floyd (including a decked one) can be a PIA.

Except for one guitar. And that guitar is a Line 6 Variax JTV-89F, which has a Floyd Rose and which also has all that Variax electronic gear that allows you to change tunings instantly without ever changing the tension of the strings or discomfiting the Floyd. It's all done with pitch replacement technology, which gives you a MUCH wider range of available alternate tunings than you can get by simply tightening or loosening a string or two.
Quote by joseph24
I just want to get some information of the Ibanez trems in case if I want to buy any Ibanezs
-I've been using floydrose before and I absolutely hate it that's why I prefer fixed bridge and other stuff
-Do Ibanez trems works like floydroses? The tuning and stuff I personally uses almost every single tuning and I would like to have the whammy stuff if I want to.
-When you broke a strings in floydrose I think its a huge deal for me so I would like to learn about the Ibanez trems

If you hated a Floyd an Ibanez trem will be absolutely no different.