Well it depends on whether or not you want a baritone guitar.
Quote by Danitarium
I personally don't like basswood. With the ltd at least you get a mahogany body.

I like having gold hardware because it gives a bit of top end snap to the tone.

And the term 'mahogany' should be put in quotation marks in this context because LTD's aren't made from true mahoganies. They're more likely made from Meranti.

Not that it really matters to the guitar's tone when amplified though.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 1, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Well it depends on whether or not you want a baritone guitar.

I like having gold hardware because it gives a bit of top end snap to the tone.

I find that I like black hardware because it sounds darker.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Tranquish
Guys im having trouble deciding on which guitar to get. the baritone iron label or the ltd horizon.
it would be setup in drop c.
any thoughts would be appreciated thanks
http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemImages/SerialNumbers/113235%2F113235-Generic-1-HiRes.jpg
http://img.audiofanzine.com/images/u/product/normal/ltd-mh-350nt-dark-brown-sunburst-137919.jpeg

I've played both. Love both, however if you can find the Ibanez RGIR20FE (The 25.5 inch scale length version.) I'd pick it in a heartbeat. Incredible guitar. My favorite guitar bridge I've ever played too. I love my palm mutes. I'm not sure about putting a Baritone in Drop C though...I like the 25.5 inch scale for that tuning as do many good bands. (Such as Bullet For My Valentine.)
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I think getting a baritone guitar for drop C is really unnecessary, so in this case, I'd say get the Ltd. However, I am a fan of the Iron Label series and like the guy above me said, the bridge is pretty comfortable. I have and RGIRFE20 in drop Bb and it sounds great. 25.5" is definitely enough for drop C.
Of those choices I'd go for the LTD, it really depends on if you want a baritone, and I wouldn't. I like the look of both but I am not a fan of direct mount pickups, I prefer the option to adjust my pickup height.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge