Hi guys.
I play DR High Voltage Strings (Dime's) 10/52 gauge. I love their sound, feel etc... But our shops stopped selling them. The sound and the "strongness" of these strings is heaven. But they are unreliable. They don't stop breaking.( no problem with other brands). And they are always rusty from the package. Can you suggest me some strings of similar gauge, feeling (that's subjective but your opinion is welcome) of other brand?
Thank you for any help.
Last edited by jozef2451 at Mar 28, 2016,
Ernie Ball.

Sound great and just about every guitar store has them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Definitely daddario, I tried their NYXL 10-52s once and have been using them ever since.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
I'll +1 D'Addario. Ernie Balls die out quickly, D'Addario dulls out a lot less quickly in my experience. Plus you can get them just about everywhere that sells strings.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
I'll +1 D'Addario. Ernie Balls die out quickly, D'Addario dulls out a lot less quickly in my experience. Plus you can get them just about everywhere that sells strings.

I can't remember the last time I bought a set of Ernie balls that didn't come with dirt on them.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
Sfarzo S.F.T. Screamers 10-52 are absolutely astounding. They're pretty cheap and they're alloy 52, so they won't corrode. They are extremely reliable, too (every set of DR's has broken on me also).
Last edited by sombrero_mop at Mar 28, 2016,
D'addario Keep it simple and solid.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Yep Daddario and EB are what I use and have for 20+ years
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
DiAddario Xls, I switched to them from Ernie ball years ago and never looked back.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Elixir has 10-52 in their range as well. I haven't used those specifically, but I've been using Elixirs for years and I haven't played a set that's better price/performance apart from maybe La Bella strings.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Ernie Ball.

Sound great and just about every guitar store has them.

I used to use specialty guitar brands, and went on tours with a couple bands that did as well. I switched and convinced them to switch to Ernie Balls because I got super tired of having to search around for strings if we were out of town. Hell, for a while even Best Buy carried EB's in the green package.

At a certain volume with enough gain and reverb, you'd have to have prodigal ears to hear the difference between strings.

Anyway, 10-52 is the best guage.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Daddarios is my top pick after I uses almost every single brand of guitar strings
-Elixir(Amazing quality,Price is a little high than others)
-Ernie ball okay quality,breaks faster than others(IMO),wide choices to choose
-Gibson bad quality IMO rusts came in faster than other
-Fender same as Gibson but the coating is a better IMO
***Daddarios***
-Reasonable price
-Amazing coating(Still rusts faster than Elixir but still better than others I mentioned)
-Wide choices of Coating,sizes (XL,EXL,EXP,NYXL)
***NYXL***
-The most amazing strings i'v ever used in my LIFE. Not joking
-Stays in tune very good
-Amazing coating
-Easier to bend(really)
-Worth of every single penny
-String out from the package is really easy to play even without string streching
-AMAZING tone(IMO)
So after all of that Daddarios is the best IMO hands down. NYXL to be exact
I have never had an EB sting break on me, but i broke a bunch of Daddarios. Weird.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.