I'm thinking of getting a new amp sometime in the future, but I don't know where to start. All I have right now is a low end line 6 amp. I was wondering what you guys would recommend as I'm looking for an amp that has more functionality/better sound and can use pedals. I would prefer to stay under $300, but I don't know if that's a reasonable price.
If you're not too specific with your preference check your local craigslist's "Musical Instruments" section. Guitar Center has good used prices, if you want something specific you can check their used inventory online and have it shipped if its not close.

Not knowing what you play, I'd look for a used Egnater Rebel 20.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
If you just want a pedal machine, Valveking is a good choice in the pricerange. Not sure what you mean by more functionality.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Budget? - $300

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Fill out the rest of that info and we can help you better. The first two amps that come to mind are some Jet City units and a used Peavey Valveking.
I love my Fender SuperChamp! Tube amp goodness at an affordable price!
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
Quote by JBizzly
I'm thinking of getting a new amp sometime in the future, but I don't know where to start. All I have right now is a low end line 6 amp. I was wondering what you guys would recommend

Where are you located? Some pieces aren't available everywhere.
Are you looking for an amp with FX built in as well as the ability to handle pedals?
Combo amp or separate units?
Are you willing to consider used or are you thinking new only?
How open are you to ideas other than (for example) a tube amp with a 12" speaker?
My first tube amp was a Peavey Valveking 112 combo. It was and still is awesome. I have since bought an EVH 5150 iii 50w but I still own the Peavey. It's a great amp especially for the money (I think I bought it used for $175). I upgraded the speaker to a Warehouse Veteran 30 and it's a beast.

I probably should sell it but I hate parting with things lol.