I'm looking to buy a decently priced 7 string guitar that sounds good drop tuned to A and G. Any suggestions?
Check Carvin, Kiesel, LTD and Japanese Ibanez models within your price range
Gibson LP Custom
ESP KH-2
USA Dean Rust From Hell 35/100
Washburn N4 Corina 1/75
Washburn EA20S NB
Squier Hello Kitty
Dean Dime from Hell Baby
Randall Warhead (sale!)
Krank Rev Jr Pro
Yamaha THR10X
Define 'decently priced'
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Cuttlefish14220
I use a Schecter Damien-Elite 7 in drop A, picked it up for $350 AUD and it hasn't let me down.

+1 on the Damien Elite 7, I picked up a used one, mint condition, in metallic black with the gothic cross inlays for $300 it's a damn nice guitar.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I would suggest a Legator Ninja 7 100 or 200, the 100 runs for around $350 and the 200 runs around $500 and they are both fantastic guitars, imo better than some of the bigger brands.
checkout agile at rondomusic.com they have had some on sale recently.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
checkout agile at rondomusic.com they have had some on sale recently.

Under $400 is a number of cases for regular price.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by SwaaT
I was looking at the ESP LTD M-17 as a guitar, it got good reviews but has anyone used it? http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP/LTD-M-17-7-String-Electric-Guitar.gc

I haven't, but it's in the budget 7-string category. 25.5" scale and it competes with stuff like the Jackson JS22-7, Ibanez RG/AX7221 and Schecter C-7. If you're looking that low, at least see if a used Washburn WG-587 pops up. From what I gathered, the 587 was a head above in quality and was cheap because of the brand. The seem to run well under $200. I got my for $80 with a price drop and bit, so YMMV. That's if you're going to go used or a $200 7-string price point. Otherwise, Agile is probably the way to go.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by SwaaT
I was looking at the ESP LTD M-17 as a guitar, it got good reviews but has anyone used it? http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP/LTD-M-17-7-String-Electric-Guitar.gc

Finally, we have a rough idea on your budget now.

I think at this price point you're not going to get anything of real quality. What you're paying for is basic functionality. You're paying for a cheap piece of wood with frets and pickups in it with little effort being made into ensuring that those components are of 'decent' quality. Not because the manufacturer couldn't if it wanted to, but because doing so would drive the price of the guitar up.

In laymans terms, when it comes to cheap guitars, you generally get what you pay for. There isn't really anything in that that's going to be of substantially better quality than anything else from brand to brand in that price point. The difference in quality only becomes apparent when you spend more money. So the lesson to learn is to expect that these guitars are most likely going to require work in order for them to play as well as they could do.

I'd absolutely try before you buy if at all possible, especially at this price range since cheap guitars tend not to be consistently made. You may spend more buying from a brick and mortar guitar store, but the experience of playing the very example that you may end up buying before shelling out any money is something worth paying additionally for.

If getting an Agile from Rondomusic is an option for you (which it is if you live in the US), then I'd jump on that. You're going to get a better quality guitar for the price than anywhere else and the return policy from Rondo is excellent, so returning the guitar for whatever reason is done at little expense and fuss.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 2, 2016,