Song 5
7 47%
Song 6
2 13%
Voters: 15.
Page 1 of 2
HHH

Wassup.

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Half" (seventh_angel)

2 - "19 Dream" (Trifonas feat. mind_meld)

3 - "Gentle Rain" (mind_meld, SirZep)

4 - "Blood of a Lamb" (xTURTLENECKx)

5 - "Figurehead (Love Can't Break Her Soul)" (whywefight)

6 - "Sliver Of The Moon" (ultimate-slash)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last time's most voted FREE WEEK song,
from Trifonas, it's "Your Pillow Is My World (Part One)"!

AND

Here is last week's most voted COVER,
from ultimate-slash, the song "Wicked Game (Chris Isaak cover)"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Saturday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
Look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhq0tqqnEbc

Check out last week's COVERS thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1699410
OR
Check out the previous FREE WEEK thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33785322
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Mar 29, 2016,
@seventh_angel, I omitted the "The Bedroom Session" part because I assumed the title was just "Half", but if you want that other bit as well just say something

@wwf, I also included your song because I vaguely remember you saying this was for Free Week, but I may be wrong. I can take it out if you want
Quote by Minicaxotinho at #33899497
@seventh_angel, I omitted the "The Bedroom Session" part because I assumed the title was just "Half", but if you want that other bit as well just say something
Yeah it's just Half; I just uploaded it in a rush thanks, Mini
Good shit. It's going to be difficult to choose.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
let's do this

1. This is the greatest bad acid trip ever.

I never thought that I'd ever hear a song that reminds me both of Iron Maiden and of... well... this . But really this is hilariously awesome. This is easily my favorite song I've heard from you seventh, it's absolute chaos in the best way.

2. This is the greatest gazing at shoes ever.

I adore the vocal melodies on this song. Especially the one that starts at 3:05ish. I'LL BEHAVE MYSELFFFFF.... That one is absolutely brilliant. I wish mind_meld's vocals were a bit more on pitch though, it's a bit distracting sometimes but that might be because I'm used to it without mind-meld's vocals... wait what? But yeah a really great song.

3. This is the greatest rainrainrainrainrainrainrain ever.

Damn that is some mean rain. Sakujo ain't got shit on that mean ass rain. But oh man is this good. The way the bass and the drums mix is absolutely gorgeous. Kinda reminds me of 'The Same Deep Water as You' by The Cure tonally.

4. This is the greatest Satannnnn, Satannnn, Satannnnnn ever.

I don't understand soundcloud's waveform on this one at all, it seems completely arbitrary. But the song's fantastic. Also kind of hilariously awesome.

5. This is the greatest nonsense vocal performance ever.

I can't stress enough how weird it is that I completely forgot about this song lmao. It's almost like listening to someone else's song. The drums are all weird and quiet but that's because they were a total pain in the ass. The chorus is great and the vocal fry on the first verse was an interesting experiment, and turned out much better than the second verse. Overall a bizarre song but I think it should be clear how much fun I had making it.

6. This is the greatest fuck I'm tired of this ripping off weird ass youtube video game commentator whatever fuck my life ever

Probably the best executed song of this week. Probably my favorite song of yours in a while, ult/. Lyrics are on point, lyrical and song structure is on point, vocal melodies are on point, the length of the song is on point, the effects on the background vocals are on point, the guitar performance and production is on point. Great stuff all around. How dare you say this is lazy because nothing I've ever been lazy on has been this caliber

Voted for ult/
Quote by whywefight at #33899676
1. This is the greatest bad acid trip ever.

I never thought that I'd ever hear a song that reminds me both of Iron Maiden and of... well... this . But really this is hilariously awesome. This is easily my favorite song I've heard from you seventh, it's absolute chaos in the best way.
HA ! I love They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha-Haaa!

Thanks for the kind words.

I plan on hearing these tomorrow.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
I think this might be the best week so far. At least one of the best.

But it isn't the best because I didn't submit!
Right?

Quote by whywefight at #33899676

4. This is the greatest Satannnnn, Satannnn, Satannnnnn ever.

I don't understand soundcloud's waveform on this one at all, it seems completely arbitrary. But the song's fantastic. Also kind of hilariously awesome.
/

The waveform is obviously possessed. That's the evil in the song creeping up lmao.
Damn groovy m8: STAYIN' ALIVE VOCAL MELODY ON THE VERSES.

It can't be unheard.

Wew lad, this is lewd:
Kevin Shields much?

Wet For Realz: this sure is wet

Wut m8:
Poor lamb

Why We Waltz?:
yeah. Pretty much that. YO-ho-Ho and a bottle of rum

Gr8 m8:
I want to record backing vocals for this

Voted for...
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
what's a dab tho?

don't know who to vote for yet, great songs this week
Last edited by nico_9550 at Mar 30, 2016,
Okay listening.

2: Reminds me of Quickspace, which is always a good thing. I think the vocals could've had more reverb to drown them dream pop like. I really like the simplicity in the intrumentation Actually as it was ending I was thinking that maybe mind_meld's voice didn't really fit the song somehow. Idk, but as a composition, I found it really pleasant.

3: Very moody. I like how the song builds up. You guys had a very nice control of the tension, which is something that I have a hard time achieving.

4: This sounds like an intro to another song. It's like it makes me want to see where it was going from there.

5: I'm loving this so far, but I'm a sucker for this cabaret sort of thing and this one's really well arranged.

6: Very pleasant to listen to. Also, great great lyrics.

Went for wwf, but they are all super good, guys. Good job to everyone.

Also, I want to add that I almost went for Trifonas.
Im almost a little bit disappointed no one's said that they thought Figurehead is dumb and annoying so far. Because it absolutely is incredibly dumb and I love it
Page 1 of 2