After a long and arduous personal journey through an emotional wilderness of neglect, betrayal and, ultimately, redemption, I've finally come to terms with the fact that we appear to have never started a thread on this forum for either Paul Chain or Death SS.

The Italian mastermind of doom, Paul Chain, lent his vocal prowess to Death SS in the early stages of his career before leaving to cultivate his own brand of psychedelic occult doom metal as Paul Chain Violet Theatre and later just as Paul Chain. Death SS's eclectic blend of doom and speed, thick in its demonic atmosphere, is inimitable. If I didn't have more pressing matters to attend I'd grab a six pack and disappear into a cloud of smoke with their first 3 albums (I should set aside some time to do this). Paul Chain is on the same level, though a lot doomier, grabbing you by the throat and tossing you into a bottomless abyss of deranged psychedelia. I will kick off the discussion with two great releases of each:

Death SS - In Death of Steve Sylvester
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnwbdbUlPaE&list=PLqytfNFx9GhxRxgtxzj-sfa_lo46YusOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVC0dJnz-ho
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Last edited by MHDrunk at Mar 29, 2016,
Detaching from Satan is the distilled essence of Italian horror. It's like a descent into the world of Suspiria, The House by the Cemetery and Don't Look Now.

I've only heard In Death of Steve Sylvester, Detaching from Satan and Alkahest, and a few other odd songs, and I was actually thinking last night about correcting this. Where would be a good place to go next with Paul Chain, in light of his extensive discography?
In the Darkness is basically a cleaner and more psychedelic Detaching from Satan - you will definitely love it if you like Detaching from Satan and that horror vibe. for Death SS, Black Mass is amazing, Heavy Demons is not quite as good but still good

Edit: Death SS's Evil Metal EP is also definitely not to be overlooked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1149NJ1N-y4&list=PL2Qt9TtwtjnzyePJ9OZUQJFGWloC9kGNq
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Last edited by MHDrunk at Mar 29, 2016,
Huge fan of all of Paul Chain's work that I know, Violet Theatre, Death SS and Paul Chain. Very interesting person and interesting music to match.

I made an italian doom thread some time ago, and Paul Chain was probably the first man that came to mind. Personal favourite is Alkahest, but I also really enjoy Life and Death despite it not being as liked (although even I find it can be boring by his standards).

Chains of Death is perfection when it comes to dramatic heavy metal.

CHAAAIIIIINNSS....OF DEATH