Currently my Les Paul uses standard GHS 10.5-50 David Gilmour string set in E Standard tuning.

I want to occasionally play songs in D Standard or D Drop C.

What is a good set of strings that'll provide me that versatility (with realistic string bending in E standard) without it going too noodly/fret buzzy on the high and low strings when I drop tune it?
10-52 Is my go to for standard, but imo the top strings could get a little too slinky in d standard. If you're not too into crazy bends and/or have good finger strength, a regular set of 11-52s will treat you n nicely.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
On a 25.5" scale guitar, I use 10-52s for standard down to Drop C (at a push), 11-56s for Drop C# to Drop B, then 12-60s for Drop B to Drop A.
I some people that use a 56 for drop A though, so it all comes down to preference.

In your case, I imagine an 11-52 set would probably be best because 11s are quite playable in standard, but would cope better in lower tunings than 10s.
i've used a 10 for the first string in D standard. it was a little looser than "standard", but i liked it. and now i'm using a 10 in E, and i actually feel that if it was heavier, it would be a little difficult to do quick bends.

for the sixth string though, 52 sounds okay. i had a 56 for D standard, which felt really nice and still bendable (i find the lower strings to be easier to bend), but it would probably be too heavy for E.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!