Not an urgent thing, but I'd like to have something with a Floyd Rose/Ibanez Edge/ etc system to play with. What I've heard is that some of the cheaper stuff doesn't hold in place as well, but it seems like the Original Floyd and the Ibanez Edge systems are best from what I've picked up.

Here's what I'm looking at:

$300 Used (not set, just something for reference)

A trem that isn't a pain the ass from being cheap

A V- shape would be cool, but not necessary

I plan on using it to replace my Squire, which is in Drop D, so I need to have clearance for a D-Tuna.

Ibanez RG's seem like something on the short list as Jackson DK2's, and I'm sure there's more.

The main thing is a used guitar with a floating trem that doesn't suck.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
The dk2 and most ibanez models have full floaters so you could not have a d-tuna.

I had a Wolfgang that had a flushmount trem with a d-tuna and i hated it. To me they are kind of a gimmicky. I wouldn't bother with one.

You likely not find a guitar with a good Floyd for $300.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Otherwise are those decent?

The Dtuna is in a "nice to have" category.

Are used guitars with Floyds to be avoided?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by bjgrifter
Otherwise are those decent?
The Dtuna is in a "nice to have" category.

Are used guitars with Floyds to be avoided?

yea the DK-2's are nice, however i haven't owned one nor played on a MIM jackson.

i did have a DXMG, DKMG, and DKMGT, (all mij) and they were great guitars, i didn't use the trems much or abuse them really.

as far as ibanez' low end stuff, i don't have much real experience with them. i mean i have played them at a store or something, but i haven't owned one. all four ibanez' that i have are prestige models.

as far as a used guitars with trems go, i don't have a problem. i look it over if i can or buy it from a reputable seller. i don't think i have ever got a new guitar with a full floating trem. i haven't really had a problem going with anything used to be honest. i have had more problems getting *new* faulty products from MF. haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've bought all of mine online after researching. I'm not cheap, but what I would like to buy and what I can buy don't tend to meet on the same plane. I'm hear to enjoy the ride, and if I manage something beyond playing a local gig, awesome.

In the meantime, I will frequent GC and generate my own opinions while I wait.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I have a licensed floyd rose on my esp mh-53, and i got mine used for $300 exactly (had the guitar for about 7 years with no issues so far), that being said Jackson makes a much better guitar so if you can get your hands on a nice dinky do it
Quote by bjgrifter

In the meantime, I will frequent GC and generate my own opinions while I wait.

Hopefully, you'll have somewhere other than GC to frequent as well.

GC's are ubiquitous, but they tend to foster the mediocre. Everything is a middle of the road guitar from companies that have the ability to crank out enough guitars to fill the 200+ stores in the GC chain. Smaller builders are under-represented, even though their guitars may be outstanding, and so are guitars that may not be fast sellers and those that don't appeal to the general herd.
Ibanez edge is a LOT of different trems. Stick to the original edge, edge pro or lo pro. The Edge 2 and 3 have been known to not hold tuning as well. Then there are the Edge Zero's which I can't really speak for, they are a little different but tend to get good reviews. The worst thing I have heard is that they are stiffer.
Quote by dspellman
Hopefully, you'll have somewhere other than GC to frequent as well.

GC's are ubiquitous, but they tend to foster the mediocre. Everything is a middle of the road guitar from companies that have the ability to crank out enough guitars to fill the 200+ stores in the GC chain. Smaller builders are under-represented, even though their guitars may be outstanding, and so are guitars that may not be fast sellers and those that don't appeal to the general herd.

I basically assumed that GC is the Best Buy of the music world, and because of a retail environment is going to go with fast sellers, which is why I see Squires and Epiphone Les Pauls all over. I also tend to look at GC more because while Sweetwater is in town, they don't really seem to carry used stuff and I usually don't have time to make a special trip alone over there (kids want to touch everything). They're a great asset and a great company. Closer when I'm ready to buy, I'll have to see what specials they're running.

I'm half-tempted to see if the Douglas V on Rondo goes on sale again for $99 (at least I thought I saw it recently), but it's been hard coming up with much on anything besides Agile, which I have to keep that brand on a short list or a used G&L.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Apart from the Licensed Floyd (which is directly swappable for an original), the older MIJ Pro Dinky's were kickass guitars. The Licensed Floyd is the only bad thing about them and given how they're such high quality everywhere else yet they sell so cheaply used on Ebay makes upgrading them with an original Floyd a no-brainer.

Doing that would put the guitar a fair bit over budget. But if you bide your time and get an MIJ Jackson for $300 stock (Difficult at that price, but it has been done) and leave it that way until you can afford the Floyd upgrade, you're absolutely guaranteed a keeper.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
That could be fun, might just do it that way!
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I picked up my MIJ Kelly with OHSC for under $150 on Craigslist when traveling. Just keep an eye out for a deal.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I have 6 MIJ Charvel/Jackson's and paid Less than $500 for each of them and they are all in great shape

Jackson DXMG: $175 nearly mint
Jackson DKMG: $300 a few minor dings
Jackson: DKMGT: $350 nearly mint with OHSC
Jackson King V Professional 1993 great condition: $350 with OHSC
Jackson Rhoads RR3 mint condition: $475 with OHSC
Charvel Fusion Custom 1989 nearly mint $350

MIJ Charvel/Jackson guitars are undervalued on the used market, they are well crafted and play great therefore they are a great value, slap an OFR on them and they are golden, just my two cents
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Thanks for the list. I enjoy the sweat equity part of it.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz