Page 1 of 2
Some time ago, playing an instrument(especially guitar) had its perks. You were percieved as ''cool'' by those surrounding you and was a neat and surefire way to get girls. It were just enough to play something as trivial as simple 3 chords songs to someone, heck even just letting him/her just know you play guitar would be enough to impress them. Instument players had their magic. Playing in a band was the ultimate thing, in terms of getting girls and people seeing you as a very, very cool person, like everybody wanted to be friends with.
Seems like now is quite the opposite. Nobody cares anymore that you play an instrument, even if you're a virtuoso, full bore-shredder or whatever style. Nobody gives a damn. I've even heard someone say something like this somewhere: ''God, wouldn't he stop playing already?", as if it's almost annoying.

Well, i didn't start playing to get girls, but for my love of music.
But it was like a nice bonus.
One day you're in, the next one you're out.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
I feel the "these damn computers" rant coming on. with immediate access to see anything on a screen, does anything really have wow power anymore?
Quote by lebawss
Some time ago, playing an instrument(especially guitar) had its perks. You were percieved as ''cool'' by those surrounding you and was a neat and surefire way to get girls. It were just enough to play something as trivial as simple 3 chords songs to someone, heck even just letting him/her just know you play guitar would be enough to impress them. Instument players had their magic. Playing in a band was the ultimate thing, in terms of getting girls and people seeing you as a very, very cool person, like everybody wanted to be friends with.
Seems like now is quite the opposite. Nobody cares anymore that you play an instrument, even if you're a virtuoso, full bore-shredder or whatever style. Nobody gives a damn. I've even heard someone say something like this somewhere: ''God, wouldn't he stop playing already?", as if it's almost annoying.

Well, i didn't start playing to get girls, but for my love of music.
But it was like a nice bonus.

Shredders are annoying.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by lebawss

well i mean if you're this pretentious about it yeah it is annoying

if you were in it for the music you'd be making music instead of complaining about how nobody cares that you're in it for the music innit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Shredders are annoying.

you should see this one guy shred it up on youtube.
You gotta be the moderately talented yet handsome lead singer to get pussy being a musician.
Chicks will still bone you if you are in a dope band.
I saw a mediocre bluegrass band of fat dudes this weekend that had a bunch of 8s and 9s swarm them after the show.

I think you are mistaking high school for real life.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Shredders are annoying.

Shredders that play only in fourths tuning more so
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Damn kids, always skateboarding on the sidewalks!

nice
Yeah, I guess. But still, at the end of the day it's something you can do that not many people can do. All those years of practice to be able to play as good as you do is not something many people will dedicate their time to. And I still think it's something girls would find cool. If you are good at it, then people will usually notice the skill and admire it.
Was there ever a time when playing guitar could get you laid?
I always thought the "chicks dig musicians" trope was something guitarists tell themselves but not actually rooted in reality.
Well if you take two identical guys and give one a guitar, the guitar guy has an advantage with women over the other guy.
It's not a magical effect like Popeyes spinach but it does give a little boost.
Quote by EyeNon15 at #33901423
Well if you take two identical guys and give one a guitar, the guitar guy has an advantage with women over the other guy.
It's not a magical effect like Popeyes spinach but it does give a little boost.

Yeah but that doesn't mean anything. It's like saying "If you take two identical empty rooms and put a couch in one of them, people will choose the one with the couch."
Why doesnt that mean something.
If two guys are trying to break a door down and you give one guy a sledgehammer then he has the advantage. It means something.
Okay, it means something but not much. Like, are women just looking at a picture of these guys? You could give the one guy almost anything, not just a guitar, and it would make him seem more interesting.
I thought it was more about the playing in the band and having the connections to girls as opposed to just playing guitar.
I debate that almost anything would increase his chances, but even if that was the case. Then yeh, those other things mean something as well.

Like the Jeffries joke, male strippers always have some sort of work uniform on because even in their fantasies women want men to have a job
Quote by MeGaDeth2314 at #33901455
Yeah but that doesn't mean anything. It's like saying "If you take two identical empty rooms and put a couch in one of them, people will choose the one with the couch."

fuckin lol

perfect analogy
What would be something that you consider that would help much with women?
Having a huge bag if cash?
A ferrari?
A huge wang?
Yeh they probably do help a lot more than a guitar, but they are not achievable goals for most men.
Learning a couple of guitar chords is something realistic that any guy can do that will increase his odds with the wimmins
you have to play the right music too
plus piano players are the ones that get the bitches now, guitarists have had their day
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Playing in an instrumental prog band doesn't mean shit if you're hunting for p00n. The general public doesn't wanna hear that, that's why Bruno Mars tabs have more views and ratings than Chon. If you want ladies, go to a shitty party with a cheap acoustic and play some Jason Mraz. I've seen it work firsthand. Meanwhile, playing Cynic covers never got me anything haha
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Quote by BledGhostWhite at #33901487
Playing in an instrumental prog band doesn't mean shit if you're hunting for p00n. The general public doesn't wanna hear that, that's why Bruno Mars tabs have more views and ratings than Chon. If you want ladies, go to a shitty party with a cheap acoustic and play some Jason Mraz. I've seen it work firsthand. Meanwhile, playing Cynic covers never got me anything haha

Yep. People only want to hear shit they know and can drunkenly sing along with. That's why I stopped doing solo guitar/singing gigs in my town because the music scene here is the same as the bar scene and I can't make myself play lame shit for 3 hours even if people tell me I sounded good.
I see alot of valid points in here......but i tell you with certainty if SRV were alive to day he would literally need to beat them off him with a stick! Some people have "it" and most don't! Women like confidence above all else! Not cockiness confidence.
Quote by Dick Savage
i tell you with certainty if SRV were alive to day he would literally need to beat them off him with a stick!

nah i think his dress sense would do it
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
nah i think his dress sense would do it

The man definitely wasn't pretty....but he had a killer voice and mean blues chops.....blues men get more ass....it's a fact, and sadly I'd say country pickers get the most now days by a large margin.
Quote by Dick Savage
The man definitely wasn't pretty....but he had a killer voice and mean blues chops.....blues men get more ass....it's a fact, and sadly I'd say country pickers get the most now days by a large margin.

eh
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Fact is people stopped giving a shit about guitarists the same time people stopped giving a shit about music.....in the mainstream anyway.
Once every blue moon some geezer reminisces about how you used to be able to totally get chicks with a guitar.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by chrismendiola
Playing guitar still scores you points, you just not gotta be "that guy," ya know?

Absolutely.
Quote by Dick Savage at #33901546
I see alot of valid points in here......but i tell you with certainty if SRV were alive to day he would literally need to beat them off him with a stick! Some people have "it" and most don't! Women like confidence above all else! Not cockiness confidence.

Yeah, he'd be getting old fat wrinkly 60's chicks.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Yeah, he'd be getting old fat wrinkly 60's chicks.

And exactly how are they lacking in pussy?
I know. It's a sad, sad time
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Page 1 of 2