Poll Options
View poll results: I prefer...
Batman
42 76%
Superman
13 24%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 4
In honor of the movie that just came out that I'll probably try to avoid seeing, let's see if anyone actually prefers Supes to Bats

LBR Superman is basically white bread
I don't really care

Batman is the only good part of DC so make of that what you will
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Batman was better in the movie

Everything about superman is boring as hell though, so it's not too surprising.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by whywefight
just vote batman jfc

Ughh
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
I don't really care

You're an idiot
Spoiler free, the first half is shit and the second half is fucking awesome. Also Batman.
You know BVS is actually probably pretty entertaining btw I'd just really rather watch 10 Cloverfield Lane again because that movie's brilliant but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in the theater watching BVS somehow
Spiderman
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by whywefight
'ruining my professional reputation one post at a time'

accurate
Quote by whywefight
You know BVS is actually probably pretty entertaining btw I'd just really rather watch 10 Cloverfield Lane again because that movie's brilliant but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in the theater watching BVS somehow
bvs is entertaining and it has a lot of good moments but i found myself thinking "well that was bad" quite often too.
Superman wins but Batman is cooler. Who knows maybe some really good rendition of Superman in the future will make him cooler than Batman. As of now Batman is cooler
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I choose Batman because of that Sad Affleck video
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
There's no way this movie isn't going to be absolute ass, but I'll probably watch it anyway.
Free Ali
Free Lard
I liked the movie despite the reviews def wasn't amazing but it's entertaining.
Movie was good. Nothing amazing but the reviews were overly harsh imo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
never been a huge fan of superman

he looks like a dork, and even despite having every super power, he still can't control the humans and make them bow down to him.

Batman isn't a superhero, but at least he has legit fighting skills and gets shit done.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by WCPhils
Batman was better in the movie

Everything about superman is boring as hell though, so it's not too surprising.

Only on the most superficial level. I voted Batman
I thought about seeing this in the cinema, but I don't wanna pay for something and either end up hating it or be very bored by how much I hate it. Hoping everyone whose opinion I respect is wrong.

Quote by eGraham
I don't really care

ur so wrong omg
I like Batman way more than Superman, but I think Superman is fine too.

The movie was good.
Hard to decide, they're both so lame, just like all the superheroes.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by bradulator at #33901620
I like Batman way more than Superman, but I think Superman is fine too.

The movie was good.

god dammit brad stop being so even tempered
Quote by Will Lane
bvs is entertaining and it has a lot of good moments but i found myself thinking "well that was bad" quite often too.

Not that this is directed at you personally, but who watches a film with this sense of judgment? I feel like that yelp episode of Southpark perfectly illustrates this level of self importance reviewers impose on themselves.

Looking through those review sites and seeing the 2 sentence or whatever previews into these reviewers reviews on x film, it felt like they were trying to impress their English Lit 101 professor in the same amount of characters/sentences.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I'm like that with TWD honestly. It's fun.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I thought about seeing this in the cinema, but I don't wanna pay for something and either end up hating it or be very bored by how much I hate it. Hoping everyone whose opinion I respect is wrong.

ur so wrong omg

People who pan this movie are going for the wrong reasons. It's a fucking superhero/fantasy action adventure, not avant garde cinema. It's formulaic, predictable and fun. If you approach it with a willing suspension of disbelief and don't go in intent on criticism, it's perfectly enjoyable.

If none of those things appeal to the "reviewers" they need to get together with a bunch of their quasi-intellectual compatriots and keep their brand of elitist nonsense to themselves.

Sure, there are things where you'll later go "umm, why?" but who cares? Sit back and enjoy the ride.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by eGraham at #33901449
I don't really care

green arrow would like a word

not the shitty tv show
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

eGraham is right though.
And Deathstroke is the only noteworthy villain.
Fight me.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by The_Blode
^ no one has posted this yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw

came here to post this. idgaf about the movie but this clip is excellent.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by The_Blode
^ no one has posted this yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw

Priceless
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Quote by Arby911
People who pan this movie are going for the wrong reasons. It's a fucking superhero/fantasy action adventure, not avant garde cinema. It's formulaic, predictable and fun. If you approach it with a willing suspension of disbelief and don't go in intent on criticism, it's perfectly enjoyable.

If none of those things appeal to the "reviewers" they need to get together with a bunch of their quasi-intellectual compatriots and keep their brand of elitist nonsense to themselves.

Sure, there are things where you'll later go "umm, why?" but who cares? Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Sorry, I don't buy that. Most critics would not revile a film for being stupid (in fact, some would champion it; most of the criticisms directed at BvS is that it tries too hard to be adult and gritty, ironically turning into pretentious cuz "trying to be adult" is not what an adult thing does). The idea of critics sitting in a theater in a turtle-neck, scribbling notes about 'formulaic' and 'predictable' is a fantasy. I honestly believe those are the kinds of critics that are intellectually bankrupt. You'll probably find them on IMDb or in a local paper, talking about plotholes and using terms like 'average' and 'generic'.

The discipline is different to that image. You've already set up several false dichotomies critics would disagree with. Fun vs Smart, Dumb vs Boring, Avant-Garde vs Blockbuster, and any interchangeable use of those. Suspension of disbelief is rarely ever a problem for critics either. When you watch several hundred films a year, you learn that being 'realistic' is about the last thing a movie should desire to be. You learn that even so-called stupid films are pretty intelligent.

If it's one thing I don't want to be, nor would I want critics to be, is thoughtless about any film. The title of their field, 'critics', is a misnomer. They don't exist to shit on things. Most critics hate writing a bad review, but may find solace in creating a dialogue. In reality they're more like very experienced, very opinionated, caring fans of cinema.

These same critics who are shitting on BvS? They were probably applauding other superhero films (not even films: this week's Supergirl/Flash crossover episode was described as an antidote to BvS's bland, unearned moroseness). This film has stuck out because of nerd egotism: several DC fans rallied against the negative reviews as evidence that critics only bandwagon against stuff and are "biased"—ridiculous, as if reviews aren't themselves an opinion piece and allowed to be biased; there is no such thing as objective criticism, only various shades of experience with cinematic concepts and an eloquence to express that—and yet this isn't an issue at all. A lot of these critics consistently praise Marvel, and so in turn they were accused of "bias" against DC—which is hilarious because who gives a shit about your favorite guy-in-tights-and-cape universe? People have rent to pay.

I mention rent to point out that yes, it's part of critics' jobs to attend movies, they are not going "for the wrong reasons". As I mentioned, these very same ones have praised other Superhero media in the past, some of them might even be fans of the characters. I know I am. The majority of successful critics chose this career-path, despite being an unforgiving one that is difficult to succeed at (everyone and their grandmother is a critic now, power to the people), because they themselves are movie fans. No one attends a two-hour event wanting it to be bad.

Except maybe the same types of people who think 'generic' is some sort of original and comprehensive attack. Those critics we can shit on.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 30, 2016,
I'm not a big fan of superhero movies, but I saw it Saturday. It was definitely not as bad as a lot of people are saying. I thought it was entertaining. I don't know if people are going into it wanting an intense and dramatic plot line or something but it does what a superhero movie should do - provide lots of action and entertainment.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Page 1 of 4