So at practice the other day I played around with blending my two amps for the first time. A loud buzz, almost like a small saw, came from both amps. I've read that noise is normal when blending without the right setup so I decided to unplug amp #2 and mess with it in my free time. Well I continued practice on amp #1 but the noise continued. One week later both still have the noise. Any suggestions on a remedy would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
how were they hooked up? what amps/cabs/swith\etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's a blackstar half stack as the left output, a peavey classic 50 out of the right output, and I just went out of my memory man stereo delay. No a-b-y or anything.
Quote by zachmaniac
It's a blackstar half stack as the left output, a peavey classic 50 out of the right output, and I just went out of my memory man stereo delay. No a-b-y or anything.

left input on what? where did you plug it in? were both powered at the same time? were both amps going into the same cab?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I went out of my stereo delay pedals left output into a blackstar 100 watt head with a 412 ampeg cab. The right output of my delay pedal went to my Peavy classic 50 combo. Both were powered separately and were using their own cabs. I actually had them sitting across the room from one another, and I only played on them together for about 5 minutes.
thanks for clearing that up... but, i don't know what your problem is. good luck!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks for clearing that up... but, i don't know what your problem is. good luck!

Right on thank you anyways!
Were you going in the front end of the amps or through the effects loop?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
That's beyond weird... Can you record the noise?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by zachmaniac
So at practice the other day I played around with blending my two amps for the first time. A loud buzz, almost like a small saw, came from both amps. I've read that noise is normal when blending without the right setup so I decided to unplug amp #2 and mess with it in my free time. Well I continued practice on amp #1 but the noise continued. One week later both still have the noise. Any suggestions on a remedy would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Ground loop, had this issue myself when blending amps incorrectly (my rig also consists of two amps run in stereo).

You'll need a proper A/B/Y splitter box to isolate the ground so the two signals don't interfere with each other in that sense, anything by Radial will do the job ideally and probably best. If you have the money go for an active one with a buffer.

Avoid Morley's ABY pedal, it's shit.
How about each amp by itself, does it have the noise?

Some have a ground polarity switch on the back and flipping that into one of the different positions might fix it, at least it did on 2 of my amps that had it. On one that didn't, I remember I created a special cable where I disabled the ground on one of the jacks and that worked.