Page 1 of 2
So I'm a student at University at Buffalo and me and a bunch of people from my floor went to Niagra Falls the other day to take advantage of the weather.
A good portion of Niagra Falls is just trails that take you down to the base, so a lot of people hike down there. I was drinking a little bit and I lit a cigarette and this kid said the funniest compliment I've ever heard. "Mike, your habits are so unhealthy but so cool. You're hiking while making the world's worst life decisions."
So what about you, UG?
Got called a cool nerd once, so nothing really.

Although on Xbox I got told I had the voice of a 30 year old when I was 17. That wasn't a compliment, but I was flattered anyways.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I've been told more times than is reasonable that my eyebrows are good. I think maybe it's people that like wanting to pay me a compliment but struggling to find something that won't be an obvious lie.
Once at a public urinal an old fella broke the cardinal rule and talked to me. Said "you're big, aren't you?"

I'm assuming he was talking about my height because it can't have been the other thing...
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
"Nice balls"

I came here to post exactly this!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I once got a 'hes cute in an annoying way, too much eyeliner' from a hot grill who didn't know I could hear her.

(I don't even wear eyeliner)
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by RAB11
Once at a public urinal an old fella broke the cardinal rule and talked to me. Said "you're big, aren't you?"

I'm assuming he was talking about my height because it can't have been the other thing...
I think some people estimate the size based on how strong the stream they hear is.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I think some people estimate the size based on how strong the stream they hear is.

I'm pretty sure he could see it though.

I'm saying I have a small penis.

Quote by EpiExplorer
I once got a 'hes cute in an annoying way, too much eyeliner' from a hot grill who didn't know I could hear her.

(I don't even wear eyeliner)

Wouldn't want them cold in any case
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Quote by RAB11
I'm pretty sure he could see it though.

I'm saying I have a small penis.
Oh.

In that case, pro tip: Pee as hard as you can to give listeners the impression that it's really big.
People who think I'm in the age range of 27-30......Still haven't figured out if it's because of a mature personality or if I'm an ugly hag.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
People who think I'm in the age range of 27-30......Still haven't figured out if it's because of a mature personality or if I'm an ugly hag.

Oh yeah this too.

I got told I looked 27 when I was 19.

And yet somehow I still get ID'd occasionally.

I've never been ID'd except in places that ID everyone regardless of age.....

When I sat the interview for my job I have now, the hiring manager thought I was 27.

I was 22.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I haven't been ID'd since I was 15.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I've been told I had nice forearms by a girl who was later evicted from the coffeeshop we were in cuz she was too drunk and was heckling the singer/songwriter that was playing his slow ballads
"you look very jewish"
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Streetking07
So I'm a student at University at Buffalo and me and a bunch of people from my floor went to Niagra Falls the other day to take advantage of the weather.
A good portion of Niagra Falls is just trails that take you down to the base, so a lot of people hike down there. I was drinking a little bit and I lit a cigarette and this kid said the funniest compliment I've ever heard. "Mike, your habits are so unhealthy but so cool. You're hiking while making the world's worst life decisions."
So what about you, UG?

Weird my brother just got back from Niagara falls Sunday.

My friend recently complimented me for being the most awkward person she ever met.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Oh boy there's a lot

Someone told me that I give off an impression of elegance without actually looking elegant. I'm not sure if that was a compliment. Conversely, people often tell me they like my style when I'm not feeling particularly stylish. Who knows what's going on

This was a while ago and also the person who said it was drunk but she said something like "I like how you can change your ethnicity by dressing differently" like yeah I totally woke up this morning thinking alright, I'm gonna be Indonesian today lol.
Same person also said "I like your hair because it looks the same when it's messy and done up so you never have to take care of it!" If only she knew....

Finally, this is a criticism not a compliment but still weird - one of my relatives was chastising me for my lack of child bearing hips. She was doing this at a baby shower for my aunt too so it was even weirder.
cat
Quote by RAB11
Oh yeah this too.

I got told I looked 27 when I was 19.

And yet somehow I still get ID'd occasionally.

lol, got ID'd the other day in the supermarket because I bought a bottle of wine.

"Can I see your ID?"
- eh, yeah sure!
*stares at my ID for about 10 seconds* (keep in mind that my year of birth is '91, and I had to be 18)
"Alright, I'll just have to run the date through my computer"
- eh... ok?
"September, is that the 8th month?"
- ...no, I think it's the ninth.
*stares at screen*
"Ok then, seems to be fine!"
Wow.

What 16 year-old buys wine anyway?

Over here the rule is you have to be 18, but if the cashier thinks you're under 25 they have to ID you. I'm 24 so it's fair enough I guess.

Quote by RAB11
Wow.

What 16 year-old buys wine anyway?

Over here the rule is you have to be 18, but if the cashier thinks you're under 25 they have to ID you. I'm 24 so it's fair enough I guess.

Yeah, they implemented that rule as well (ID'ing if under 25). I've no problem with it personally, but for some reason it turns some people into dicks. One lady in a liquor store just bluntly asked "Why haven't you shown me your ID yet?". I just said "never mind", left the bottle on the counter and walked out without buying anything

I've figured out what the people in the supermarkets look out for tho. If I buy just wine or beer they'll ask me for my ID. If I buy wine or beer and a lot of groceries that are not junk food, no questions asked.
In my school yearbook "how can you leave exams so early but still get good grades?"
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I was once told that my peen is longer than it is (she seemed happy with it, I guess)

I've been complemented on my intelligence before but that's a bit of a stretch imo
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Baby Joel
"you look very jewish"

it's the beard
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I was told that someday I'll be something important

still waiting

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
I was told that someday I'll be something important

still waiting

My science teacher told me he expected great things to come from me when I got older.

So I've been living a life of disappointment for like 11 years now
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Two girls have told me they liked my voice.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by eGraham
My science teacher told me he expected great things to come from me when I got older.

it's a limited observation but kids who do really well at primary school and early high school seem to crash and burn quite spectacularly around high school/college age
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
it's a limited observation but kids who do really well at primary school and early high school seem to crash and burn quite spectacularly around high school/college age

Is it a limited observation if I observe it every day
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Banjocal

Can confirm. As soon as i needed to actually put some effort in, being better than everyone stopped being fun and i declined rapidly and i didn't realise till it was too late.

Quote by Banjocal

Probably because a lot of people find high school easy to coast through, and university comes as a nasty shock because you actually have to do stuff outside of timetabled classes to do well.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by eGraham

the thing is people say that so frequently that its become frustrating

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Probably because a lot of people find high school easy to coast through, and university comes as a nasty shock because you actually have to do stuff outside of timetabled classes to do well.

You can even do spectacularly in college without any significant effort, and coast through military schools considered some of the hardest available and flounder later in life because everything's been easy and still is but you realize you don't have a fucking clue what you actually want to DO with your life and you feel like something's missing and it takes you a decade to get it figured out.

Or so I'm told...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
My problem was I became really disinterested in school and academia in general.

Still love to learn, but I just can't do that setting. Which sucks, because it took me 4 years of paying for college to figure out.

But I digress, best not to go off topic.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

With me it was mental illness and sudden social ineptitude.

I enjoy my current studies and don't regret the arts/technical course I'm on, but I could probably get a decent career going if it weren't for the transition from primary and high school. doubt that'll happen with my current studies. I comprehend 95+% of what I'm presented with in any field that isn't chemistry, higher maths or physics (because I don't know the languages), but I can't retain it, and struggle to get the required boxes ticked to get the grades, despite possessing the ability to do so on an intellectual level.

which sucks (ok I'm done moaning now)
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Mar 30, 2016,
I got told I have nice shoulders

I mean maybe that's a thing some people like but I can't say I've ever noticed anyone's shoulders
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Arby911
You can even do spectacularly in college without any significant effort, and coast through military schools considered some of the hardest available and flounder later in life because everything's been easy and still is but you realize you don't have a fucking clue what you actually want to DO with your life and you feel like something's missing and it takes you a decade to get it figured out.

Or so I'm told...

I feel like all my years in school were a very elaborate exercise in finding the easiest/fastest way to do stuff and in being a smartass (What do you mean I can't pass the test if I start studying only two days in advance? Alright, I'll play...). Is there perhaps a chance that sometimes listening to teachers/adults would have been beneficial in any way?

I'm only a few years into the decade you mentioned btw
Page 1 of 2