I'm an editing engineer, so mixing is not really my forte.

EDIT: Forgot that there was a bass line added... it's been mixed in.

Please rip it apart.

https://soundcloud.com/blockroom-recordings/sinking-ship

This isn't the final mix, either. This is to give the band an idea of what it SHOULD sound like.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Last edited by the chemist at Mar 31, 2016,
sounding great man. the guitars sound solid, I really dig that crunchy tone and they sit well in the mix. sounds like there are a couple bum notes here and there but I'm sure you guys are aware of those. they need to find a bassist!!

the vocals sounded a bit quiet throughout. I think you can get away with making them slightly louder.

the drums were sounding good. my only gripe is the toms, they sound a bit odd. I feel they need to be punchier. like their tone doesn't feel like it matches the rest of the kit. but mixing-wise I think the cymbals, kick, and snare feel pretty balanced.
We know about the notes. I've barely done any editing yet, mostly fades and figuring out comps on the vocals.

BTW, this was mixed on headphones so the vocals will be a bit lost on most systems.
Quote by Watterboy
Turn the vocals up significantly and guitars a little bit too.. Drums overpower the guitars a lil. I'd also recommend putting some EQ on the vocals like something to make them a bit brighter in the mix. That's just me though. Vocals I think are best when they're crisp and clear.

Pretty good music though.
If there is a God, it's me.
I tried that, they're way to sibilance.
Quote by Watterboy