Looking to record a few songs an EP. Which retail amp sim should I go with? Looking for a classic rock-type guitar tone.
I never tried to record classic rock style guitars, but in my opinion:

Amplitube 4 has it's new-gen Marshall amp sims and cab editing and all that stuff. It's pretty good but for me LePou+Rosen Digital always wins.

BIAS Amp also has some pretty cool sounding Marshalls.
Quote by JJ1994
Looking to record a few songs an EP. Which retail amp sim should I go with? Looking for a classic rock-type guitar tone.

Some of the current top products are Bias Amp desktop, Amplitube 4, and Scuffam. I prefer Bias because it focuses on the amp and speakers only and I use other plugins for reverb etc. You can really tweak Bias which helps a lot - and all the changes you make are very musical.
Quote by reverb66
Some of the current top products are Bias Amp desktop, Amplitube 4, and Scuffam. I prefer Bias because it focuses on the amp and speakers only and I use other plugins for reverb etc. You can really tweak Bias which helps a lot - and all the changes you make are very musical.

I found Bias doesn't work as well for midrange distortions. Like most sims/modellers, it can't reproduce that dynamic tube sound that you'd get from a plexi or an Orange that's running minimal gain at high volumes.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale