Hello all. I use Ernie ball hybrid slinky strings on my electric guitars (the orange packet). Since these strings are best meant for drop D tuning, I was wondering what the lowest tuning I could achieve for my guitar is without it sounding like shit and my strings being in danger of falling off.

I'm currently writing a song that requires me to tune my guitar way lower than the normal so this is really important for me to know!
What tuning are you looking at?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Quote by xMCR.for.Lifex
Hello all. I use Ernie ball hybrid slinky strings on my electric guitars (the orange packet). Since these strings are best meant for drop D tuning, I was wondering what the lowest tuning I could achieve for my guitar is without it sounding like shit and my strings being in danger of falling off.

I'm currently writing a song that requires me to tune my guitar way lower than the normal so this is really important for me to know!
Go try it out and see. Report back.
are we talking the Hybrid 46-9? if so, low tunings are going to turn the strings into wet noodles. They are perfect for E standard imo. I have them on my Jackson Adrian Smith and feel great. If you get a good low tuning let us know.
D standard should be fine with the 10-52. You'd probably want something higher than 52 for drop c tho
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A