So one of my buddies requested I do a Beastie Boys parody, because god knows we haven't had enough of those have we? Well, normally I don't do requests, mostly because nobody listens to my stuff without the threat of physical harm or a contractual obligation...

Anyways, here it is in all it's glory... a parody of no sleep til brooklyn one of my favorite Beastie Songs... enjoy...

No Sleep (SoundCloud link)

Once again if you have listened to my stuff before, much appreciated...

Interesting for sure. Kind of a zappa/Claypool thing going with the vocals/rap, which I like. While the vocals are entertaining, I think they could use some improvement. Also, the chorus (a bit after the 2 min mark) could use some work with timing.

I get it if this wasn't a serious effort and is meant to be loose, but feel it could be tightened up (timing issues, guitar seems out of tune).

As far as the mix goes, seems the vocals are dominating (maybe lower level and play with eq?)

Aside from that, interesting take. Humorous vocals. Rock on
Thanks for the responses, just as an explanation, I threw the whole song together in about 3-4 hours so it wasn't going to get to polished sounding. In fact, I was kind of going for an unprofessional kind of unpolished sound when I did record it...

Unlike Axl Rose and Tool, I don't spend 6 years producing a recording... and I'm not rich, nor a talented musician whose sold millions of albums to a rabid fan base... Come to think of it there are a lot things different about me than those two... Never mind.