I was wondering what channels or particular demonstrators are out there that you enjoy the most.

...besides individual manufacturer websites, of course.

Personally, I pay a lot of attention to Dennis Kayzer, Knobs, Brett Kingman, Gearmanndude, Ryan Bruce aka "Fluff", Pete Thorn, and- while not strictly a gear demo channel- Coffee & Riffs usually features unusual pedals.

Of the shops, I've found Proguitarshop to be my fave- Andy is a killer- but Sweetwater, Wildwood and Prymaxe have some good ones. Reverb.com does as well.

So, who are y'all watching?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Mine were the best ever.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I like "that pedal show"
They aren't really about doing demos of specific pedals like gearmandude for example.
But their videos tend to look at individual types of pedals or advice on stacking overdrive pedals - that kind of thing.
I forgot Justnick! I haven't seen many, but- though long- his demos seem to be pretty thorough and informative.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I forgot Justnick! I haven't seen many, but- though long- his demos seem to be pretty thorough and informative.
I have been known to take my laptop in the bathroom with me and listen to his demos while in the shower...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/who-are-your-fav-demo-guys-for-effects-pedals.1609038/#post-20454090 + http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/who-are-your-fav-demo-guys-for-effects-pedals.1609038/page-3#post-20456940
Most have been mentioned that I like, but I'll add Livingroom Gear Demos. Features good gear and his playing is very nice without taking the upper hand.

The Tony Martinez video's for Prymaxe were always really nice in my opinion. I really used to like Fluff (and I still watch most of his content), but I really don't like what he considers clean stuff and it's a bit like Ola Englund in my opinion, where everything seems to sound "the same" after a while. That said, I still enjoy Ola's playing a lot.

The newer video's on Andertons without Chapman are solid as well in my opinion. The bass video's in particular. And as much as I dislike Chappers in his marketing and his tone, I can't deny he can play.

Guitarist has nice videos as well.
I like Gearmanndude and Fluff the most. I have to admit that Chapper's videos are sometimes quite good.

Proguitarshop is the best if you want reviews that are strictly informative.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I like Gearmanndude and Fluff the most. I have to admit that Chapper's videos are sometimes quite good.

Proguitarshop is the best if you want reviews that are strictly informative.

Andy can also make literally anything sound good.
I really like Don Carr's demos with Sweetwater. Really methodical in demonstrating the settings and he seems to know what he's talking about pretty much every time, which is surprisingly rare with gear demos.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Andy can also make literally anything sound good.

Same for Pete Thorn, in my opinion. Everything he does comes out great.

EDIT: Chicago Music Exchange does good videos as well. The series where they do vintage gear always has stellar sound and playing.
Last edited by I K0nijn I at Apr 1, 2016,
I've only seen a couple of CME vids, and they were decent.

Rob Chapman videos can be informative or amusing, but not too often both. Still, I like his "sound like "______" on a budget" videos, at least in concept. And he did do one ages ago that showed the tuning stability of various tremolos of differing prices.

The sounds like concept is nice, but some of them sound really bad in my opinion while they're over the moon with the sound. Most recently, that Royal Blood video. Sounded absolute shit in my opinion, yet they were very happy with it.

What I probably dislike most about the Chappers channel is that you hardly can say anything bad about a video without a bunch of fans shooting you down.
Ryan "Fluff" Bruce
Ola Englund
Phillip McKnight
David Raouf (rdavidr) - drum stuff
IntheBlues - guy is named Shane. Does a lot of pedal reviews.
Pete Graves
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Rob Chapman videos can be informative or amusing, but not too often both.

Frequently they're neither, but he does have the odd gem, and he did at least cut that nonsense off his head a week or two ago.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Still, I like his "sound like "______" on a budget" videos, at least in concept.

Those can be fun, though I wish they'd research them beforehand rather than making it a challenge of "I think "_____" sounds like this, let's pick the first thing vaguely appropriate we see". They'd be much more informative with a bit of prior planning.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Rob Chapman videos can be informative or amusing, but not too often both. Still, I like his "sound like "______" on a budget" videos, at least in concept.

Those can be fun, though I wish they'd research them beforehand rather than making it a challenge of "I think "_____" sounds like this, let's pick the first thing vaguely appropriate we see". They'd be much more informative with a bit of prior planning.

Yeah, that's a good point. The competitive aspect, while fun, does somewhat interfere with the informative potential. With an entire store's worth of gear at their disposal, they COULD post rigs at various price points.

And considering how people dig at him for being a mercenary salesman, he's definitely missing a trick, there. Your store posts a vid showing well-planned rigs for...say...Randy Rhoads at £300, £700 and £1500, I virtually guarantee that your sales of each piece of gear in that video goes up.

The issue I have with gear demo channels is how few ever seem to review gear that's shit.

Apparently everything they review is amazing.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Fretted Americana
Pro Guitar Shop
Wildwood
Chicago Music Exchange
Shnobel
Pete Thorne
Guitarist
IntheBlues
Andertons when it's Mick and/or Pete
Daniel theGigRig/That Pedal Show
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The issue I have with gear demo channels is how few ever seem to review gear that's shit.

Lee Anderton actually commented on this that it makes sense they mostly like what they review, because otherwise, he wouldn't stock it. Which actually makes sense. If he didn't believe in a product, why would he stock it.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Lee Anderton actually commented on this that it makes sense they mostly like what they review, because otherwise, he wouldn't stock it. Which actually makes sense. If he didn't believe in a product, why would he stock it.

He's not representative of gear review channels, though.

Many of them are not affiliated with shops(physical or online) which sell the things they review, yet they still never review stuff that's just sort of 'meh'. It's always fabulous.

Also, regarding the bolded part, I suspect he stocks a fair amount of stuff because he figures some sucker will buy it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Yeah, I suppose everyone's trying to keep all the relationships in the industry friendly

I don't think there's much point in reviews, really (at least, not as they tend to be done), but a good demo from someone who's trying to sell you something will at least show you how to get good sounds out of it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Personally, I'm waiting to see a double bluff, when a company will basically get reviewers to say that a particular(relatively cheap) thing is shit in a review, but in other material, talk about how an expensive thing the company makes is awesome.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I only really bother watching That Pedal Show because it's the only thing I can find on youtube at the moment that actually has content that I find useful and informative
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I pretty much only listen to Fluff because his videos aren't wankfests and he has a musical style close to mine. I just don't like how all his tones sound the same. He can get a 6505 to sound like a Dual Rec and a modded Plexi at the same time.

I'm also subscribed to Chappers, though I really only watch a video of his once in a blue moon because he's really just too goofy for me and doesn't get to the point.

CSGuitars is also pretty good but only like half of his videos are gear demos and his sound quality is not as great as everyone else in the genre.

SpectreSoundStudios (Glenn Fricker) also has the same deal as above, though his sound quality is on par with Fluff.

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Most of these guys borrow their gear from the company directly, and may even get a kickback for doing the review. If it's a bad review, said company would not want the review out there. Case in point, Fluff did a demo of Railhammer pickups and Railhammer didn't like the tone of the guitar in the video and asked Fluff to take it down and/or re-do it. He still hasn't and made a bit of a stink about it on social media when it happened.

Also another example of this is Glenn Fricker. He buys about half the gear he demos. He ripped the Mesa Cab Clone a new one and even though Mesa didn't send it to him (Mesa doesn't really send anyone anything) they tried suppressing the review as much as possible.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Apr 3, 2016,
Checked out a couple of That Pedal Show vids. Long...but good. I think some of them would be better if they were broken up into smaller bites.

Pete Thorn, Just Nick and anything Greg Koch does.

Intheblues like once in a blue moon.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If I want a laugh Rob Chapman, if am serious That Pedal Show.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻