Hey dudes. I'm looking to get a specific tone out of my git'fiddle I'll list the songs below that include this tone

- Creeps by Mini Mansion (Opening guitar solo)
- Guitar solo in Milton by Edward Sharpe (I know there's wah wah in there)
- Guitar solo in All the Time by Bahamas

I really want to figure out that nice fuzz tone.
I have a Fuzz War pedal by Death by Audio and it's great but I'm having trouble trying to get that tone in the listed songs.
Quote by Will Lane
What guitar do you have and what amp do you have?

I have an ES-339 and a Fender Frontman 2X12
The first track sounds like it was double-tracked. The guitar was recorded twice, playing the exact same part. You can get similar results with a very slight, quick-timed delay pedal.

The second track sounds like the fuzz is backed off a bit. You could probably get similar results with the Wah pedal as well but it sounds more like another filter effect. I am thinking envelope filter but that is not the exact one.

The third track sounds like double-tracking again, or maybe a subtle chorus, or maybe a light slapback reverb.

For the amp, set it so that it just barely gets distorted when you dig into the strings. That will help the pedal sound more like the amp is doing the distortion. Experiment with your pickup settings too.

Also not all of these songs have to involve fuzz. Or rather, there are a lot of different "fuzz-y flavors" that I heard. It sounds like they could be done with a single fuzz, though.
Quote by Will Lane
The first track sounds like it was double-tracked. The guitar was recorded twice, playing the exact same part. You can get similar results with a very slight, quick-timed delay pedal.

The second track sounds like the fuzz is backed off a bit. You could probably get similar results with the Wah pedal as well but it sounds more like another filter effect. I am thinking envelope filter but that is not the exact one.

The third track sounds like double-tracking again, or maybe a subtle chorus, or maybe a light slapback reverb.

For the amp, set it so that it just barely gets distorted when you dig into the strings. That will help the pedal sound more like the amp is doing the distortion. Experiment with your pickup settings too.

Also not all of these songs have to involve fuzz. Or rather, there are a lot of different "fuzz-y flavors" that I heard. It sounds like they could be done with a single fuzz, though.

Hey, thanks so much man. I'll play around.