Power supply on the bottom of the board, lots of cable ties and custom cabling. Lava cables posts very clean boards on a regular basis over on their Facebook page.

I'm not personally familiar with their product or alternatives, which is what other people probably will help you with. Basically, they make kits with which you can make your own cables at the length you desire and the plugs are really small in comparison to most off-the-shelf cables.
Last edited by I K0nijn I at Apr 1, 2016,
Quote by Caaarrl94
How do i get my pedalboard this tidy?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/RoushRacer00/rig815_zpsufoeg4ea.jpg

i'm assuming they're all being powered aswell.
so whats the secret??
what cables do i use???

Post a pic of your current board.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Post a pic of your current board.

I don't really have a board at the moment, but i'm looking into getting a pedaltrain pretty soon and i just want to ensure it's gonna be all neat and tidy for my ocd :') haha
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
I use a board that size for my setup, it has a cioks dc five which can be mounted flush underneath even the flat profile pedaltrains, with the power supply cables all zip tied up and run along the rails underneath the board. the power supply is mounted by drilling holes into the pedaltrain and screwing the chassis in place. I just use the normal pedaltrain tape to fix all the pedals down, and have lava cables tightrope to patch the effects together, although there are plenty of brands out there that can be used for that purpose. Means everything is neat and tidy.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
Quote by Caaarrl94
I don't really have a board at the moment, but i'm looking into getting a pedaltrain pretty soon and i just want to ensure it's gonna be all neat and tidy for my ocd :') haha

I find pedaltrains to be extremely expensive for what you get. All you're getting is a piece of aluminium and a laptop bag, but even the cheapest one, the Pedaltrain Mini is £80. Which is why I built one myself out of some bits of Ikea shelving.

I also wouldn't be spending the £100 or so that pedalboard-branded power supplies cost. You can get the same style of isolated power supplies that'll be more than good enough for what you'll be using them for at a fraction of the price if you look at some of the more generic brands.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 1, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
This one to me looks like it uses mostly offset or straight 1/4 connectors like this one:
https://reverb.com/item/32927-offset-crank-1-4-ts-male-to-male-guitar-effect-pedal-coupler-z-plug-connector

Looks just like the tightrope kit to me, to be honest. Also, I don't know if it holds any truth, but I've read that those plugs can be bad for your pedals because they put pressure on the contacts if the jacks aren't on the same height. I also don't find those plugs handy, because all your pedals have to be placed according to the plug and you're less free in placement.
I don't know if they put pressure, after all you can swivel them I guess, but you can probably use them with only one or two brands that pretty much lines up the same. The way my pedals are, some even have the inputs on the top left and outputs on top right so these are non starter for me. For someone that has only Boss and MXR pedals this will probably work great.

An added bonus on these is that there is no cable part, it is all metal to metal so better signal conductivity.

Personally, I'd rather use normal untidy cables and have it connected in 15 minutes and drink at the pub for the next two hours. Easier to troubleshoot when your cables are on top and my pedalboard changes all the time depending on the gig.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I find pedaltrains to be extremely expensive for what you get. All you're getting is a piece of aluminium and a laptop bag, but even the cheapest one, the Pedaltrain Mini is £80. Which is why I built one myself out of some bits of Ikea shelving.

I also wouldn't be spending the £100 or so that pedalboard-branded power supplies cost. You can get the same style of isolated power supplies that'll be more than good enough for what you'll be using them for at a fraction of the price if you look at some of the more generic brands.

The cheapest is the nano+ at about 30-40 quid - so 1/2 what you said. not the cheapest yeah, but the most synonymous certainly. A quick google search would tell you that.

The power supply thing is neither here nor there. i use a memory man so i have the added irritation of having to find 24v power, which is not as easy as i anticipated. i will also add that the real cheap tat does introduce noise. But if you plug it in and sound all comes out and shizzle, who cares?
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
Last edited by DeviousByNature at Apr 1, 2016,
Lava's tight-ropes are good quality and compact (I've got plenty).
To keep everything tidy I use, velcro to hold everything in place and adhesive cable tie mounts and cable ties for the underside, where the power supply is also mounted. Much easier to do on something like a pedaltrain, rather than a flat bit of wood.
Last edited by RockGuitarist09 at Apr 2, 2016,
If you need 24 volts, you can get them by linking isolated points. You would only need the proper power wires to do so.