Hello community!

I'm writing for my uncle, who is looking for a tube amp.

He bought the Schecter Corsair model#1846 (w/bigsby) and he asked me what would be the best tube amp to have a heavier sound possible, which would give the most amplitude and sustain?

If you have any suggestion, tell me!
Thanks
only the diesel vh4 will do.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
This is a pretty useless question with so little info. What kind of sounds is he actually looking for? Name specific guitarists.

Of course, everyone will probably recommend you a 6505 anyway
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Apr 2, 2016,
Yeah I can think of a ton of amps that would fit that general description. Might as well set them up on pieces of paper and throw darts to pick
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I would recommend a SLO if you are on a budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gregs1020
there's a used dumble on reverb. that'd probably fit the bill.

I heard they're even better value for money than a Peavey Valveking. Get it!
Line 6 spider valve III 15 watter should fatten him up .... I find it hard to believe none of you guy's haven't already mentioned it ??
Hello again,

Sorry for being too general, I admit I wrote this in a hurry to try and help my uncle on the go... Nevertheless thanks to those who answered!

He is looking for something recent or new and mainly plays at home and we're located in Canada!

Here are more info:

He plays a lot of 90's Rock, Bryan Adams, AC/DC
He has a Strat, the Corsair with "57" style humbuckers, a Yamaha Pacifica 510V and a 30 years old Godin guitar (made in Quebec).

He's got a Zoom G3X pedal, a 100W Peavey transistor amp (30 y/o) with a Traynor YBX 212 vertical cab...

He also has a small VOX tube head but he's not satisfied with it.

He was thinking of a 20 watter tube head instead of a 100 since he plays in his basement.

Finally, he has a MAX budget of $1000

Thank you again!
Orange Tiny Terror? Carvin V3M, V3 or Vai Legacy? Mesa Mini Rectifier?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 3, 2016,
For what he is playing, though not a flashy big name - big money amp at all, I would recommend a Peavey Classic 20MH. Switchable from 20w - 5w -1w. Headphones can be used with it. Get's all those great classic rock tones, has a nice clean channel.

A nice customized Avatar 1x12 cab loaded with a Greenback or Vintage 30 should complete the package.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by infested21

(a) Sorry for being too general, I admit I wrote this in a hurry to try and help my uncle on the go... Nevertheless thanks to those who answered!

(b) He also has a small VOX tube head but he's not satisfied with it.

(a) Don't worry about it at all, some of the regulars can be a bit curt and forget that, just because the last 10 people didn't give enough info, it's nothing to do with you.

(b) Any idea which vox it is? Just if we know what he doesn't like (or can kind of guess why he doesn't like it) it'll help us to suggest things which he might like more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?