Page 1 of 3
I don't know what'd compel anybody to be like hmm, doing heroin yeah that sounds like a smart move. But I keep reading how it's a new epidemic in these middle of nowhere towns. Some of you guys live in the middle of nowhere, what's up?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Not much to do in a middle of nowhere town except heroin
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yeh these new fads, I'll keep an eye out for this new drug on the streets. What's it called? Heroin?
Pretty much what trowzaa said
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't know what'd compel anybody to be like hmm, doing heroin yeah that sounds like a smart move.
It's probably something along the lines of "#YOLO #swag swag swag paaaartaaaaayyy wooo gettin fokd up today my mates"
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 2, 2016,
I was sitting in a court waiting room with a heroin dealer the other day. He seemed pretty casual about it. And I'm as 'middle of nowhere' as it gets.
The case here (in Ohio) is that a lot of workers came from out of state and brought their drugs with them, as far as I know. I know I'm not touching the stuff, though.

Edit: The dealer was an out-of-state oil/gas worker, for what it's worth. Said he was in it to augment his income, claimed he doesn't use his product at all.
Last edited by MasterStohner at Apr 2, 2016,
It can work as a substitute for when the doctor won't give you anymore prescription painkillers.

and also, it's probably not as bad as meth
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Apr 2, 2016,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
It's probably something along the lines of "#YOLO #swag swag swag paaaartaaaaayyy wooo gettin fokd up today my mates"

You can fit in a lot of partying when you're passed out on a couch with a needle in your arm.
In one of the episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt I watched on Netflix yesterday, one of the characters did heroin.
That's all I have to add.
Just mix a bunch of emotional crises (existential depression, abandonment issues, etc.) with someone of your preferred sex that's super attractive that says it'll be coo
Are you in poverty? Life shit? Then heroin might be for you! Ask your doctor to see if YOU can get some NOW.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't know what'd compel anybody to be like hmm, doing heroin yeah that sounds like a smart move. But I keep reading how it's a new epidemic in these middle of nowhere towns. Some of you guys live in the middle of nowhere, what's up?

It happens not because people think it's a smart idea. It mostly occurs when you feel there's nothing to be had. That's more philosophical and not a really good answer, I have no actual idea why people get into heroin. Their reasons are their own but it's an unanimous feeling that no one wants to be hooked on heroin after a while. I think I have a few ideas judging by what I've seen.

I'm not into heroin. I resisted temptations as a teenager to get into drug and party scenes. But being from a small town, you start losing friends and you start making enemies if you're not apart of the scene. Small towns are very good at cultivating peer pressure, like they somehow concentrate it to its purest extract.

Then you're hooked! I mean if one friend is on it and you're really good friends with that friend, and you kind of don't have any other friends...

..I mean, none of this is worth selling your soul to fit in. But it can happen that way.

Sometimes you will be under the influence of other drugs and that's how you get into heroin too.

Then sometimes you're depressed, or maybe happy and magically unaware of the harshness of heroin, thinking it's a party drug is another way to get into it. But I think most people know about heroin.

Other times, you get beyond depression and you just became vacant and go to heroin for any semblance of feeling. Again, more philsophical and not really practical.
Also pretty common to go to heroin after you can't afford your addiction to percocets any more
My God, it's full of stars!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Try microwaving it.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Heroin's not a new epidemic in small towns.
I've never been particularly into opiates or pain killers, I use them for pain, when I'm out whatever. After major surgery I've been on dilatid, loratabs, vicodin, morphine IV, etc. It's nice if all you can or want to do is lay in bed.

I didn't really feel like taking more. Alcohol though, I'll drink myself under. Opiate addiction just isn't in me.

Meth is more of an epidemic here, with isolated areas in small towns and easy access to precursors and being on the state line, my area was once referred to as a meth capital. I mean is it still an epidemic if it's been going on 20 years?
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 2, 2016,
I live in the middle of nowhere, and meth is definitely a bigger issue around here. Not so much in my town, but other small towns in the region. My town's things is "pills" and I couldn't even tell you what kind.

Meth is popular because it can be made by the everyday person, and so I would assume it's relatively cheap. It also really fucks you up, and people who use drugs just for that effect will usually ultimately seek the next strongest drug. It's addictive, physically and mentally.

Story time: Even though meth isn't big here, I think some of my mom's old neighbors made it. They never let their kids inside during the day, and there'd be a constant stream of unique cars in and out of their driveway. A few months after they moved out, the house mysteriously burned down, even though it hadn't had gas or electric since the day they left.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
The heroin epidemic also has a lot to do with the overperscription of painkillers.

A fuckton of people got addicted through their doctors and then turned to heroin. A bunch of older people with chronic pain got hooked, which is a different demographic than one might expect.

So, people didn't just think "imma go try some heroin," they thought "the doc said it's ok" and then things developed from there.
Last edited by Duaneclapdrix at Apr 2, 2016,
Not to mention Adderall is so close to methamphetamine and is handed out like its nothing.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Last edited by Nero Galon at Apr 2, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
Yeh these new fads, I'll keep an eye out for this new drug on the streets. What's it called? Heroin?

also this is a great point. Heroin has been around forever and saying that it's an "epidemic" is a stretch.

Just look at the use among the people that America seems to be concerned with the most: teens.

only 1.6/1000 teens admit to do heroin even once from 2011-2013. This percent has been going down since the 90s.

This urgent problem was an urgent problem years ago when the adults that are using now were failed by the general public education on drugs. This is not a problem for now.
This is pretty unrelated

One of my subordinates (for lack of a better word, a coworker who I was in charge of) admitted to me his addiction to pain pills (percocets if I remember correctly?) and that he wanted to get help and it was affecting his job and life.

It was a new experience for me and pretty eye opening. I didn't know much about the pills -> heroin spectrum until this, and my wife explained a lot of things about it to me as well.

Anyways yeah, it's a lot easier to judge harshly than it is to understand and empathize
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by ehbacon
Heroin is the same drug as morphine.

What the fuck is wrong with everyone who's ever had a surgical procedure?

No it's not. Heroin is diacetyl morphine.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Can confirm morphine is the fucking bees knees.

Quote by metal4eva_22
It's been getting more popular around here since I live in a smaller town with not a lot of job opportunities.

Quote by ehbacon at #33907211
also this is a great point. Heroin has been around forever and saying that it's an "epidemic" is a stretch.

Just look at the use among the people that America seems to be concerned with the most: teens.

only 1.6/1000 teens admit to do heroin even once from 2011-2013. This percent has been going down since the 90s.

This urgent problem was an urgent problem years ago when the adults that are using now were failed by the general public education on drugs. This is not a problem for now.

The media does over-exaggerated it a bit when they act like it's some new epidemic, but it's starting to making people realize it's not only poor people affected by opiate addiction.
After watching the wire I now refer to it as hur-rone

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
After watching the wire I now refer to it as hur-rone

After she hired a better divorce lawyer, it's now her own.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by ultimate-slash at #33907298
It's cheaper than love

#deep

woah
Quote by severed-metal
I'm not into heroin. I resisted temptations as a teenager to get into drug and party scenes. But being from a small town, you start losing friends and you start making enemies if you're not apart of the scene. Small towns are very good at cultivating peer pressure, like they somehow concentrate it to its purest extract.

I chose to be alone rather than be 'part of a scene' and doing drugs. And I was fine with that, I could handle being alone and only having like internet friends or music to keep me company. I get why some people can't do that, but that was my case for it.

And being alone wasn't so much as a 'be a part of the group or else', it was more like a realization that I was fundamentally not like those people to begin with, which probably made my decision easier.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by ultimate-slash
It's cheaper than love

#deep

Is it though? Somebody consult Gary.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
No one wakes up in the morning and just decides to do heroin one day.

Usually what happens is someone discovers opiates like codeine and vicodin, and finds that they enjoy the feeling. They have a prescription they don't really need, so theres plenty of pills lying around. Maybe they'll enjoy it once a week, or twice a week. Maybe they're really enjoying that feeling, take it a few more times that week. Oops, that was fun, but I gotta be careful. Fast forward a few months, their life takes a turn for the worse. The vicodin made them feel better, so they used it again. And again. They need to take more to feel what they felt before. Yet they continue on.

Oh hey, it looks like oxycodone is stronger than vicodin. They don't like fucking their liver with all that acetaminophen. Then they start taking oxy. Oh shit, that feels awesome. It was even BETTER than before. Maybe they'll take some more, and take some tomorrow too. And they continue on.

Soon enough, their body is physically addicted to this drug. They feel like shit when they don't take it. They need to get to work today, so half a pill won't hurt them. They don't want to be sick all day, they just want to feel better. And they continue on for a few more months.

Turns out taking oxy everyday is really fucking expensive. It turns out heroin is much cheaper too, and holy shit does it feel great. Even better than the oxy did the first time. They don't want to waste all their money buying expensive drugs when they can get something cheaper. They know they shouldn't be doing heroin, but the urge is irresistible. And they continue on.

Next thing you know, they're a year into a daily heroin habit. They know they shouldn't be doing this and they try to quit. They feel the most absolute worst dope-sickness of all time, and no one likes feeling that way, so they relapse. And they quit again, only to relapse. And they quit again for a few months, lose their tolerance, and relapse again. Oops, turns out their tolerance was a lot lower than before and they almost overdosed. And they continue on, forever battling the urge for the rest of their lives.

I've never done heroin but this is always how it goes. It doesn't matter if you live in the middle of nowhere or if you live in a huge mansion on the top of a hill. This effects every class of society and the story is always the same. A few of my friends have lost their lives to the drug so I'm no stranger to what goes on with that shit.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
No it's not. Heroin is diacetyl morphine.

Diacetylmorphine is converted into morphine in the body. If I remember correctly, heroin just crosses the blood/brain barrier faster than morphine does.

Quote by kalypto
Not much to do plus not many opportunities = heroin.

Thats pretty short sighted. Even some who go through school with a 4.0 GPA, attend out-of-school "gifted child" education programs, and have a very wealthy family can be a victim to the drug. I knew one guy that fits that bill that died from an overdose a few years after graduating high school. I also lived with a guy just like that while attending a private university. This isn't something that just effects the urban/rural poor. This is something that effects every single class of society from the top to the bottom.

If you're genuinely curious and want to talk to people with some first hand experience with this stuff, you'll get some good answers in the drug thread. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33906947#post33906947
Last edited by RPGoof at Apr 2, 2016,
H is a huge problem in New Jersey because 1. we get really, really, great stuff since we're sandwiched between two massive entry points in Philadelphia and NYC 2. there's tonnes of suburban developments which foster isolation and boredom. also ^that. there's LOADS of pain pills going around my area

it seems like every month there's another round of 'RIP ____' statuses on my facebook feed
Quote by RPGoof
/snip

Diacetylmorphine is converted into morphine in the body. If I remember correctly, heroin just crosses the blood/brain barrier faster than morphine does.

/snip

And in pharmacology, that difference really is very important.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 3