Hi All:

Quick question:

I play a Fender Fat American Strat made in 2000 into a Marshall JCM 100w TSL. I'm happy with the tones, love my freakin' Strat and I love that head, but:

I feel like I'm fighting the guitar sometimes, in that the fretboard seems to require a lot of force to fret a note--in short, I'm having trouble shredding this guitar.

Question: is there a pedal that'll seemingly increase the sensitivity of this guitar? Should I be thinking hotter pickups?

Any and all insights mucho appreciated

Thank you
Just tune down 1/2 step. Jimi, Eddie, and SRV were right!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Either as mentioned tune down 1/2 step or use a lower string gauge.
Gear:

-Epiphone Plus Top Pro Les Paul
-Ibanez S Series
-Marshall Valvestate S80
strats do require a bit of a fight. strats with single coils are fairly unforgiving when shredding. not so much because of the guitar but because the notes have to be played correctly. it's all about technique. once you get that down the reward is great note clarity when doing the shred thing. a good setup does help as always