It's official! I can now proudly say that I have played guitar in front of a live audience, and only a couple months after picking up an axe for the first time ever!

Like I was planning to do in a previous thread, I just participated in my high school's "Man Pageant" in order to help raise funds for the Four Diamonds initiative to end childhood cancer.

For the talent portion, I played one of my favorite songs (Blink-182's 'All the Small Things') in front of a packed auditorium of over 600 of my peers, teachers, and parents; talk about a little pressure for my first live gig!

(Doing my best Tom DeLonge clothing impression for the laughs)

I was extremely nervous going into it, but once the song got going and the crowd started screaming, clapping, and singing along, the anxiety just melted away and I had the time of my life. A big thanks goes out to everyone on here for their help and encouragement; you all helped make me confident enough in my playing to even attempt something like this! I'm looking forward to a lot more playing in the future.

Rock on!

-Noah
And the addiction begins!

Now just start a band, make music, and have a truck load of fun. Congrats man and goodluck to an age of bumming around and trying to make a living out of 6 strings.
Welcome to the circus.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Great. Good luck. It will often be a bumpy road and lots of nervous energy but there is nothing more fun or more fulfilling than performing to an audience.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.