I was reading more about the wiring for jazzmasters and some pages said I need to ground the bridge as well?? What does that even mean? Do I really have to or can I just leave it how it is? Also, I know I asked this in another thread but should I just ground the pickups to one of the volume/tone pots? I kind of wanted to run the grounding wires through the route hole to the tremolo cavity because it's a bit cluttered under the pickguard but I don't know where or what I could ground them to under there.

Thanks again for any help, I've never even changed pickups before so I'm still kinda lost. Every page I've read only confuses me more because a lot of them say different things.
Quote by cowboy_jones
some pages said I need to ground the bridge as well?? What does that even mean? Do I really have to or can I just leave it how it is?

You want to run a wire from the bottom of one of the thimbles the bridge sits in* to the ground. If you don't, the likely effect would be electrical hum when you play it through an amp.

Quote by cowboy_jones
Also, I know I asked this in another thread but should I just ground the pickups to one of the volume/tone pots? I kind of wanted to run the grounding wires through the route hole to the tremolo cavity because it's a bit cluttered under the pickguard but I don't know where or what I could ground them to under there.

You ground the pickups to the back of a pot, then you ground the backs of the pots to the sleeve of the output jack. Since the pots and the pickups all need to be grounded, and all the ground connections need to lead to the sleeve of the output jack, it makes sense to ground them together rather than have a load of wires all leading to the sleeve of the output jack (and for the same reason it wouldn't make sense to ground them to the tremolo cavity, since there isn't a ground connection there).

What might make sense, however, would be grounding your tremolo rather than your bridge, since if you've put the bridge thimbles in it's probably easier to get under the trem than to take those out again.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Apr 3, 2016,
That's what I was thinking, plus there's no hole that goes to the thimble holes. Man this thing's a pain, putting it together was fun and easy, setting it up isn't that bad, but the electronics are just asd;lfjasdzxc.n

I'll probably just take it in, I know a guy who used to build jazzmasters so hopefully I can get a hold of him in the next couple days. I feel like anything I do now will only make it worse lol