I picked up this HSS unbranded electric guitar. It seems cheap, ($10 USD) but my main reason to get this is to practice re-sanding and repainting a guitar. I also want to learn how to change pickups on a guitar for practice.
Before I start doing this, I just wanted to know what brand this is? and any other information about this guitar if there is any! Thanks!

Mystery Guitar
Nope! Blank both sides, the only ID mark on the entire unit is when I open the pick guard up the single coils say HL 50. Not even an ID mark under the neck when removed
The only brl I know is blue ridge luthiers and that doesn't look like their work... Is there a panel on the back that when lifted could reveal a brand or serial number?
Nope I took the entire thing apart. Backplate, neck off body, pick guard and the only mark I could see is a big 3 under the pick guard and the single cool pickups have a model number of HL 50.
Here are two additional pictures. One of them is under the pickguard and the other one shows the only identifying mark on the guitar. The single coil pickups only have a number on them HL | 50 .

Honestly it looks like a cheapo starter guitar. Maybe something that came in a kit. The Headstock style reminds me of something like an Intex or a TCM (IE rebranded MIC junk).

I wouldn't worry about identifying it. Just have at it and practice your refins etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
it's a body you can practice on, smart purchase.

it's hard for me to see in the cavity shot, but is it wood or plywood?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Reminds me of a Ibanez Prestige... (without that Edge bridge)
but that camo design reminds me of a custom ESP...
they hacked out a lot of wood for 3 pick ups. maybe being anonymous was a good idea. you're gonna want to shield that crater.

break out the Krylon..
Last edited by ad_works at Apr 8, 2016,
Quote by ad_works
they hacked out a lot of wood for 3 pick ups. maybe being anonymous was a good idea. you're gonna want to shield that crater.

break out the Krylon..

On the other hand, the swimming pool route does mean he could do something like:

Quote by ad_works

break out the Krylon..

Its not uncommon to see guitars routed like this. Fender did it in the early 90s.