Hello!

I want to buy some cheap explorer. Probably teh EX50 or harley benton explorer. I'm not a big fun of the LTD explorer shape, but if the quality is better then the HB's, then I'll go for EX-50.
Noobs - if you want real 'Which Guitar' help please provide the following:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Favorite Artists? - Are there any guitarists whose tone that you'd like to get close to?

Preferences? - What body shapes, neck profiles, brands, and number of frets do you like/want?

Pickups? - Do you want actives, passives, humbuckers, single coils? What configuration are you looking for?

New or Used? - Lots of great guitars out there used, and a guaranteed way to get the most bang for your buck.

Location? - Where are you located? The more detail you can give us, the more we can help you. We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly, because prices and markets fluctuate throughout the world, and we can help further if we know what city you are in to see what used gear is available near you (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc).

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice and all but chances are people won't read it word for word and will skip over looking for these 6 things I listed.
Quote by Gulumok
Noobs - if you want real 'Which Guitar' help please provide the following:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Favorite Artists? - Are there any guitarists whose tone that you'd like to get close to?

Preferences? - What body shapes, neck profiles, brands, and number of frets do you like/want?

Pickups? - Do you want actives, passives, humbuckers, single coils? What configuration are you looking for?

New or Used? - Lots of great guitars out there used, and a guaranteed way to get the most bang for your buck.

Location? - Where are you located? The more detail you can give us, the more we can help you. We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly, because prices and markets fluctuate throughout the world, and we can help further if we know what city you are in to see what used gear is available near you (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc).

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice and all but chances are people won't read it word for word and will skip over looking for these 6 things I listed.

This would help. What kinda budget do you have in mind? Cheap is ambiguous and could mean $100 for one person and under $1k for the next. I'm going to guess you're looking at something under $500, but I don't know for certain.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Okay, here we go

Budget: 150 euro, maybe 200
These guitars (EX-50, HB EX, Jackson JS30 Kelly) go for around 100-150, on used market.

Favorite artists: metallica, death, slayer, in flames, dismember, arch enemy, carcass, hypocrisy, dissection etc.

Preferences: Explorer, thin neck.

Pickups: EMG81

As I said, I'll go for used guitar

Current gear: LTD EC-1000, LTD EC-500, LTD H-200.

As you can see, I'm really satisfied with the LTD guitars, but I'm not sure about this EX-50. If the quality is the same by these three, then I would go for Jackson, I like this shape.
I'm biased but I'd save a bit more and try to find a nice used MIJ Jackson Kelley, you'll get way more for your money, here in the states they can be found for around $300 give or take any day of the week, they are much higher quality than anything on your list, even the JS series Jacksons.

I have played a couple LTD EX-50, they are nothing to write home about, I own 6 MIJ Charvel/Jackson guitars as well as 3 more that I sold in the past and they are all very nice especially when you consider how cheap they are used.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 5, 2016,