Poll: ??
Poll Options
View poll results: ??
Estranged to parents
10 11%
Neutral to parents (don't do much with them)
12 13%
"Normal" to parents (normal, typical stuff)
54 59%
Close to parents (share everything with them, do lots together)
15 16%
Voters: 91.
Page 1 of 2
Poll inc

EDIT: I didn't take into account step-parents, bio, etc etc cause not enough poll options. For the sake of the poll.. Pick the option based on the ones that you live/have lived with and spent the majority of your life with (ie; 2 years with dad but he died so now you have mom and step dad - use step dad for the question since not much time was spent with real dad, and you likely don't remember him outside of stories/pictures etc)

Since many are sharing/explaining their relationships, I may eventually share mine, not that it matters much but what kind of TS would I be if I didn't.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Last edited by skylerjames13 at Apr 4, 2016,
My dad is kind of like Sam but not as goofy looking and not as Jewish. Needless to say that I don't have much a functional relationship with him.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm very close to them. I call/text them daily and I like hanging out with them.
cat
I'm really close to my dad, haven't talked to my mother willingly in about five years, haven't heard from my first stepdad in like 15 years, haven't heard from the second stepdad in about 3 now, and haven't talked to my current stepdad (as far as I know) in about five.
Pretty chill with my stepmother too, though.
My immediate family is all pretty aloof but not from lack of closeness or anything. I'd say we're about normal overall, just solitary people
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Pretty darn close, considering I'm still reluctantly living with them.

We do lots together though. But only on the weekends when we're all off. Which is rarely.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Pretty normal for the most part.

I take it for granted that they're just kind of "there", so I interact with them without any real effort on my part.

I believe that my perspective will change once I move out and realize how much they've done for me.
Quote by E7#9
Pretty normal for the most part.

I take it for granted that they're just kind of "there", so I interact with them without any real effort on my part.

I believe that my perspective will change once I move out and realize how much they've done for me.
Same
I think I'm more spoilt than I realize.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Neutral is a bit positive towards what I think of my parents
Was essentially a spoilt only child and I really do appreciate everything they did, but my mother is a self-centered bitch and my dad is an intolerant asshole so I kinda hate them a little
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
spoilt as a kid now semi-estranged lol how stereotypical. my attitude towards the whole thing is w/e
Really close. See my mum pretty much every week, need to make a bit more of an effort with my dad though, because much as I love him, he's hard work sometimes.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

They're okay but trying to have any meaningful conversation is impossible because they're always about the same topics. How's school, did you eat dinner, remember when you were little etc etc
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by slipknot5678
spoilt as a kid now semi-estranged lol how stereotypical. my attitude towards the whole thing is w/e

I know

It's like stereotypes are actually a thing
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
We're normal

They're typical "parents" sometimes with the same references over and over again, but then I put myself in their shoes, barely managing to maintain contact with their adult children who focus their attention on their own lives and often forget their parents, and I try to be nicer and more understanding of the things they mention and how they talk.
My God, it's full of stars!
Close with my dad. I dont regularly see my mother. I think thats a given ending to a shitty breakup. w/e.
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
Quote by skylerjames13
Poll inc

poll INCLUDED?

poll INCOMING??

poll INCORPORATED???
My God, it's full of stars!
poll inc ™
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
They do some of the typical stuff that I think most parents annoy their children with from time to time (even if it comes from a good place), but in all honesty, they're two of my favourite people
They divorced when I was younger and I moved in with my mother, so I don't see dad as much. I tend to visit mum whereas I phone dad and we often meet in the city. They're both cool and have done much for me, but I'm not the most expressive person.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I talk to my parents on the phone maybe once a week, in general though, I don't tend to share much information about my life with them.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Closer with your mom. Try to avoid contact with your dad really.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I kinda realized a while ago that my dad's a really big child. I started to feel bad for him a little cuz I realized that he's just afraid of expressing emotion/can't deal with it/turns it into anger/deflects with expressions of superiority. We're formal with each other and this works for now, none of us really know how to communicate.

My mom, on the other hand, is the devil incarnate. Simultaneously putting people down and being the victim. We've ruined her life, turned her angry and bitter cuz she "used to be nice". Haven't spoken to her in a year. I don't really talk about it but she's acted creepy as hell well into my adolescence. Haven't spoken in nearly a year.
I see my parents once a week, my mom wants my brother and I to come over every Sunday night for dinner. Usually there about 3 hours or so. Not much interaction though.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I was placed in foster care when I was 15. I talk with my mom daily after I reconnected with her when I was 20, but haven't seen my dad in ten years. Repugnant asshole can burn for all I care.
Pretty normal I would say. We go out a bunch during the week. Go on trips etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I was not close and often feuded with my mom for most of my life, up until about 2 years ago. When I dropped out of college and took and impromptu vacation and didn't tell anyone, she obviously had some questions when I got back, so for the first time we really "talked" and have been much more level since then.

I was pretty close to my dad, he was the major influence in my life as far as interests (weather, science, mechanical stuff, etc.). He died in 2008, though, so after that I had very few people to discuss such things with.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
we're "normal" atm i suppose.

when I was younger I would talk with them about personal shit a lot, these days we still talk but I cba with personal stuff cause I have my adult pride partitioning that off now. We just occasionally talk in depth on various interests, eg sports, games and comics with mother & food, books, drink, art with father.

have always been on good terms but I'll often go times where I won't converse with them at all for a while, and I rarely initiate conversations myself in the first place. However, I also treat my siblings and pretty much everyone I know like that though, it's just a personality quirk that anyone who has an interest in me has to learn to put up with.

I do live at home atm so that leads to more conversations when we both happen to be in the same room with nothing better to do. I've always figured that if I move out long term, I would likely end up ignoring them until holiday/family gatherings, unlike my sisters who are into the daily phone call/email updates (even if they are living in another country)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
normal/close, still live with them, sometimes i'll break down and talk about my problems with them.
My parents and I get along very well. We do a lot of stuff together, but I definitely don't share everything with them.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Page 1 of 2