Page 1 of 3
Who remembers the rather divisive thread Would you let your partner have your social media passwords?

The "adult" and "mature" members of The Pit decided that your partner should be allowed to access your social media and read your texts whenever you want but the inexperienced young'uns doomed for a life of failed relationship value their privacy.

But then wearable technology happened.

I know a couple (they're a pretty annoying couple, absolutely inseparable and all over each other with PDAs well over a year into their relationship now) and it turns out that the girl, Gee, has an Apple Watch. The guy, Jay, has an iPhone but no Apple Watch, however his iPhone is synced to Gee's watch, meaning Gee can see whenever he gets a call or text or notification.

The ultimate symbol or trust and love in a relationship, or a recipe for mistrust and disaster?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Banjocal

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'll bite...
Is there a practical reason it's synced up like that? If it's just a matter of "I need to know every time you get a text", then that is obviously bad, but it doesn't really have to do with two stable people sharing passwords or something similar imo.
But I'm not sure that says anything about their relationship other than they're both absolute tech dweebuses.

I would but only because nobody calls or texts me.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I dunno, to me my partner having my passwords would be like letting them have access to my diary.

But if it was for my emails or Netflix or whatever, they can have them, I don't care. I wouldn't let them have my Facebook or UG password though, because they contain some private stuff, nothing bad like, but just things I wouldn't normally discuss openly.

Plus, my Facebook account is so old it still has messages from all my old exes and stuff in the inbox if you scroll down far enough.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by ultimate-slash
I'll bite...
Is there a practical reason it's synced up like that? If it's just a matter of "I need to know every time you get a text", then that is obviously bad, but it doesn't really have to do with two stable people sharing passwords or something similar imo.

Apparently it's so that if either of their parents try to get in touch with either of them, it will come up on her watch and they can answer immediately. Because as you know, how on Earth did people get in contact with each other before Apple Watches?

in my day we used carrier pigeons
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
That's the girl's fault for not knowing she needs an iPhone to use the watch. Practically no point in buying it without one, and yet she did. Aka a tech dweebus.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 4, 2016,
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at #33909903
okay wow those people sound lame af

yeah wtf that is just weird.
No. Not because of anything nefarious but because of principle. I wouldn't expect her to give out her password either, unless there was a valid reason. The theory of ultimate trust is flawed as if you trust them ultimately then there should be no need to go poking into their personal stuff.
If she asked for it so she could check things out etc, or just expected it, then no I wouldn't be comfortable with it but then I wouldn't want to be with someone like that. However, if she just needs it one day to send an email or whatever then I wouldn't question it.

A bit like money too I guess. If my brother just demanded I lend him a tenner I wouldn't, but if he happened to be a bit short of cash it wouldn't be a problem giving/lending some.
Have a Christmas
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
okay wow those people sound lame af

Nothing says I keep my balls in an airtight jar in the bottom of her purse than their phone setup.

Also, joint Facebook accounts are fucking dumb
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
This is weird as fuck
Also since when was an apple watch a thing?
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Banjocal
in my day we used carrier pigeons

Well then would you give your partner access to you pigeon's message canisters?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
We're not at a point where we feel the need to share all our passwords, but I have told my bf the master password for a file with a bunch of personal info and other passwords in case I die or have a brain injury or something. He doesn't use social media besides Twitter and I use a lot of social media except for Twitter so I'm not sure how useful sharing everything would be...like what is he going to do with the password to my Ravelry account. I'm not opposed to it though.
cat
Quote by Pastafarian96
Well then would you give your partner access to you pigeon's message canisters?
To read their message, they must solve a riddle!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I see zero reason to give my passwords out. if i leave something open and they view it(facebook, ect) without my consent, that's some really sneaky shit and i'd break up with her immediately. anyone can get into my phone, same policy as above. often times i let people use my stuff when im around, so it's not like i have anything to hide. going through peoples stuff is extremely invasive and sneaky behavior in my opinion, and i will never tolerate it.
Never. I don't see why trading personal liberties is even remotely considered a healthy position to be in - in regards to a relationship. Just because i'm with you doesn't mean I trade my identity to be part of some weird amalgamation of two people into one, what the fuck is up with that?

I place great value in being a free thinker, and to have a controlled output into the world. To give that power over myself to someone else is unthinkable.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by guitarxo
We're not at a point where we feel the need to share all our passwords, but I have told my bf the master password for a file with a bunch of personal info and other passwords in case I die or have a brain injury or something. He doesn't use social media besides Twitter and I use a lot of social media except for Twitter so I'm not sure how useful sharing everything would be...like what is he going to do with the password to my Ravelry account. I'm not opposed to it though.

I want one of these but no-one takes me seriously
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Apple Watch lol
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Pastafarian96

Do it! I originally made it because I can't remember all my passwords lol but then I figured it might be a good idea to let someone else know.
cat
y'all are too reasonable

i came here expecting edgy loners and condescending hacks with no personality of their own and instead you're all just so agreeable!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal at #33910149
y'all are too reasonable

i came here expecting edgy loners and condescending hacks with no personality

OP has enough of that TBH
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't gaf what other people want to share with eachother

not my relationship

tbh I guarantee my parents have eachother's passwords. They're constantly having to go on eachother's emails to check bills and stuff they ordered and other things like that. They've been married 30 years I doubt they care. My dad doesn't even have a phone though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 4, 2016,
I'd personally prefer a relationship where having access to one another's shit isn't a necessity.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
> dating a person with an apple watch

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
No because that's dumb
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Pastafarian96

Me too. But more than that I just want to see how everything plays out when I die. Too bad I won't be around to see it.
No. I might as well let her out of the dungeon as give her access to a computer.

I mean, uhm... sure, if things got to that kind of stage.

I think I got away with it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
True trust is not even thinking about what they are being texted. My mrs knows it's just gonna be one of the lads winding me up/sending me a joke/talking motorsport... I know hers will be her mum or one of the girls chatting BS.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

It's not healthy to surrender your privacy to your partner. A relationship is 2 (or more?) people, not a single entity.
PM me for newts
it depends on the situation

usually no

age and how comfortable they are with each other is a factor

it's a matter of communicating, i think
Page 1 of 3