Hello, to those who own/have owned an Ibanez Airplane Flanger, have you encountered a problem where your volume drops whenever you turn on the AF2?

My problem is I could barely hear my guitar when my AF2 is turned on. I try cranking the volume of the amp way to maximum level just to hear it properly but it becomes too loud when I turn it off again (I won't keep it on all the time while playing)

Is it normal for the af2 to have a volume drop or should I have it repaired? One said that my AF2 has no problem and that I should just try powering it on its own (I used daisy chain but I tried isolating it and it didn't help) If it's normal, then what can I do to solve my problem?

Thanks
Guitar gear:
LTD TE-202
Orange Crush Pix CR20LDX

Pedalboard:
Ibanez TS9->
MV Shredhead->
Ibanez Airplane Flanger->
Boss DD7

Will work for gear
Something doesn't sound right. What happens when the flanger is the only thing plugged in?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It still has a low volume. There were times when the volume goes up but most of the time it's inaudible unless I turn the amp volume to max
Guitar gear:
LTD TE-202
Orange Crush Pix CR20LDX

Pedalboard:
Ibanez TS9->
MV Shredhead->
Boss DD7

Will work for gear
Have you checked your cables?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I tried using different guitar cables, it didn't help. But I haven't tried using different patch cables. I will try to buy better ones tomorrow. The ones I have right now are just cheap. I also tried using isolated power supply instead of daisy chain. It didn't help too
Guitar gear:
LTD TE-202
Orange Crush Pix CR20LDX

Pedalboard:
Ibanez TS9->
MV Shredhead->
Boss DD7

Will work for gear
do you have it plugged into the front of your amp or in an fx loop?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I run it in front of my amp
Guitar gear:
LTD TE-202
Orange Crush Pix CR20LDX

Pedalboard:
Ibanez TS9->
MV Shredhead->
Boss DD7

Will work for gear
If your cables are not faulty it sounds like the pedal is, there is no way you should have to crank your amp just to get sound when using a flanger.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 5, 2016,
Ok. Thanks! I'll try using better cables first then if it still doesn't help, I'm going to have it repaired
Guitar gear:
LTD TE-202
Orange Crush Pix CR20LDX

Pedalboard:
Ibanez TS9->
MV Shredhead->
Boss DD7

Will work for gear