Page 1 of 3
List yours - brag and make me jealous and feel inferior

Built my own house (not including the well/septic and interior plumbing)

Built my own boat (just bay trials so far, will ocean run in a couple months)

Finished culinary school/made Sous-Chef
Got a first stage temperament out more than once correct enough to pass
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I know this might sound creepy but can I see pics of said house? I'd like to build my own one day...

OT: At university, have generally survived up till now, have learned from past mistakes etc. not much material achievement and tbh getting into uni in England is piss easy but
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
My biggest accomplishment is living as long as I have.

Some personal goals that I have managed to accomplish:

I competed in two martial arts tournaments in S. Korea 2001 and 2005 (lost both badly but it was still great just to invited and be there.)

I walked several miles on the Great Wall in China back in 2006. A life long dream.

I raised two offspring (son and daughter) and helped get them both through college. That was a major accomplishment.

I not 100% crazy yet. It's coming and I look forward to it.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Went to Japan on a scholarship for two weeks when I was 15.

It was basically put on by the Japanese government for students in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, The Phillipines and India. About 600 in total.

Most of them were in partnership with individual schools, mine wasn't one of them, so I applied for one of 20 independent scholarships Australia-wide. And got it.

So nervous, in-his-shell, 15 year-old me went over there not knowing anyone, stayed with a host family for a week, gave a speech in front of a school assembly in Japanese, stayed in hotels with strangers, and made loads of friends. It completely changed me, did wonders for my confidence and made me completely unafraid to step out and do stuff on my own. Remains one of my biggest sources of pride nearly ten years on, probably only eclipsed by managing to raise my son seemingly well over the last 17 months.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by Banjocal
I know this might sound creepy but can I see pics of said house? I'd like to build my own one day...

OT: At university, have generally survived up till now, have learned from past mistakes etc. not much material achievement and tbh getting into uni in England is piss easy but

Sure man, it's not creepy, all good.

Sorry for size
From last summer, looking at the front from the first hill.

Do it man, its a shit load of work though lol. This took 3 years haha.
Quote by RAB11

that's pretty cool, i'll probably be spending some time in japan in the not-too-distant future

how did you find navigating the etiquette and stuff? cause my biggest concern is majorly pissing people off by missing something obvious

Quote by DigitalSea
Sorry for size
From last summer, looking at the front from the first hill.

Do it man, its a shit load of work though lol. This took 3 years haha.

that's a nice looking house and a really nice place to put a house (though i guess you probably don't need to be told that)
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Apr 4, 2016,
Quote by DigitalSea
List yours - brag and make me jealous and feel inferior
Alright. I got this in the ba-

Built my own house (not including the well/septic and interior plumbing)

Built my own boat (just bay trials so far, will ocean run in a couple months)
I'm out. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

UG, my guitar/piano playing, my high school diploma and my medical billing & coding certificate are the only things I've ever accomplished with my life.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Rickholly74
My biggest accomplishment is living as long as I have.

Some personal goals that I have managed to accomplish:

I competed in two martial arts tournaments in S. Korea 2001 and 2005 (lost both badly but it was still great just to invited and be there.)

I walked several miles on the Great Wall in China back in 2006. A life long dream.

I raised two offspring (son and daughter) and helped get them both through college. That was a major accomplishment.

I not 100% crazy yet. It's coming and I look forward to it.

I've raised a son to almost 2 years old so far and I'm actually surprised we're both still alive haha
Quote by RAB11

It was basically put on by the Japanese government for students in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, The Phillipines and India. About 600 in total.

Most of them were in partnership with individual schools, mine wasn't one of them, so I applied for one of 20 independent scholarships Australia-wide. And got it.

So nervous, in-his-shell, 15 year-old me went over there not knowing anyone, stayed with a host family for a week, gave a speech in front of a school assembly in Japanese, stayed in hotels with strangers, and made loads of friends. It completely changed me, did wonders for my confidence and made me completely unafraid to step out and do stuff on my own. Remains one of my biggest sources of pride nearly ten years on, probably only eclipsed by managing to raise my son seemingly well over the last 17 months.

Awesome post. Made me jealous. Would love to see Japan.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
that's pretty cool, i'll probably be spending some time in japan in the not-too-distant future

how did you find navigating the etiquette and stuff? cause my biggest concern is majorly pissing people off by missing something obvious

I'll be honest, it wasn't a big deal. I mean, I'd been studying Japanese in school at the time and the culture was a big part of that. It's mainly about being super polite to those higher up than you, take your shoes off when entering homes etc, and just being respectful. Doesn't matter as much to younger people and my host family were pretty easy on me in that regard too. Also don't eat or drink on the move, find a seat. And definitely don't eat or drink in any temples or sacred grounds.

If you can, two places I would definitely recommend going to are the Hiroshima Peace Park which is a really eerie place for such a thriving city, and Kinkakuji in Kyoto, the most peaceful place I've ever been to

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Alright. I got this in the ba-

I'm out. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

UG, my guitar/piano playing, my high school diploma and my medical billing & coding certificate are the only things I've ever accomplished with my life.

Naw man, high school diploma is something to be proud of dude Went back to get mine when i was 22. That was ten years ago, I'd be fucked now if i didn't.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

that's a nice looking house and a really nice place to put a house (though i guess you probably don't need to be told that)

Thanks
Damn look at all you with your life accomplishments.

I have a 50m swimming certificate and a 400m swimming certificate, I peaked early tbh.
It's not a particularly spectacular or unique experience, but for me it was probably surviving a 5 month internship in London (which is abroad for me, for those that don't know).
Was 19 at the time, still living with my parents (my college was within travelling distance of my parents' place), never been away from my family longer than a week. And then I basically had to go:
"Alright mom and dad, I'm gonna go to another country where I don't know anyone, talk in a different language for a bit and see if I can figure out how this "living" stuff works. See you in a few months!"

I found it incredibly terrifying at first, but I was amazed at how fast I managed to adapt once I just stopped freaking myself out over it and accepted where I was. I'm so incredibly glad I had that experience.
Finished uni, feelsgoodman, but that was ages ago now.

Most recent one would be getting that one tapping lick from CAFO down like a pro.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by ultimate-slash
It's not a particularly spectacular or unique experience, but for me it was probably surviving a 5 month internship in London (which is abroad for me, for those that don't know).
Was 19 at the time, still living with my parents (my college was within travelling distance of my parents' place), never been away from my family longer than a week. And then I basically had to go:
"Alright mom and dad, I'm gonna go to another country where I don't know anyone, talk in a different language for a bit and see if I can figure out how this "living" stuff works. See you in a few months!"

I found it incredibly terrifying at first, but I was amazed at how fast I managed to adapt once I just stopped freaking myself out over it and accepted where I was. I'm so incredibly glad I had that experience.

Damn that makes my two weeks in Japan look like a piss take!

Just simply moving out in the first place is a pretty big deal I think, nevermind moving out to a different country!

I dunno, being a not-terrible husband.

I haven't gotten fired, wounded, or any of my subordinates killed, so that's good.

I don't really chronicle my successes, so I suppose I define my achievements by all the things I haven't fucked up yet
My God, it's full of stars!
Shared the stage with some of my favorite bands I guess. Got my own encyclopedia metallum entry
PM me for newts
Quote by RAB11
Damn that makes my two weeks in Japan look like a piss take!

Just simply moving out in the first place is a pretty big deal I think, nevermind moving out to a different country!

Tbf, you were younger, and the language must have been quite a bit tougher to overcome
Quote by StewieSwan
Shared the stage with some of my favorite bands I guess. Got my own encyclopedia metallum entry

Awesome. What bands if you don't mind me asking?
Quote by DigitalSea
Awesome. What bands if you don't mind me asking?

None super huge, but a few of the ones that were a big deal for me were Born of Osiris, Protest the Hero, Powerman 5000, In This Moment, and The Contortionist
PM me for newts
I don't know. I got my masters but it doesn't feel like an accomplishment. Learning the uses of clubmoss is more fulfilling.
Quote by StewieSwan
None super huge, but a few of the ones that were a big deal for me were Born of Osiris, Protest the Hero, Powerman 5000, In This Moment, and The Contortionist

Shit man that's deadly. Can't imagine the rush that must have been.
Quote by JustRooster
Saved some lives. Never made a bad sandwich.

I consistently make bad sandwiches
The first thing that comes to mind is my first full solo dance performance about 3 years ago. I'd done other solos before but they were just individual pieces whereas this was about 3 hours long. I'm proud of all my performances but this was really special.

Getting into grad school and contributing to a published paper are probably my two main academic ones.
cat
I'm not a drug addict, nor dead, so there's that. I don't think I've ever actually done anything. I'm learning Romance D'Amour on guitar right now, so there's also that?
Getting my G.E.D. after not finishing high school and then going on to graduate university with honors.

EDIT: Also, getting a job in my field right after graduation.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Last edited by aig91 at Apr 4, 2016,
Quote by aig91
Getting my G.E.D. after not finishing high school and then going on to graduate university with honors.

EDIT: Also, getting a job in my field right after graduation.

Hear that. Not the honors or university part though
Musically, playing bass for Bo Diddley, RIP.

Musical runners-up, Against Me! opened for my band many years ago. And actually that band turns 20 years old this year, so I guess that's something. Oh, and opened for LTJ in a club show.

More generally (besides family things like staying married for 29 years and having two children who have turned into interesting, thoughtful, and decent adults), professionally probably most proud of being appellate co-counsel of record, and having beaten the bloviating homophobic state attorney general, in the first appellate decision in our state recognizing that our state's refusal to recognize same-sex marriages was unconstitutional, in this here case:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=14304028216859054821

Along similar lines, was pretty honored to have been appellate co-counsel representing the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, as amicus in this gay parent adoption rights case:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=11524527127368250648

And last, wrote this chapter in this here book:

And this here article in this here journal:

Those'd be my high points, such as they are.
A couple of shit scientific articles and managing to earn a full ride through college, graduating summa cum laude, and getting into one of the best grad schools in the world for my field, though I'm proud of none of them.

Maybe once I get first author on a paper or get my PhD or whatever, I dunno. Being proud of things is dumb unless they've actually contributed to society in some way.
Last edited by CrossBack7 at Apr 4, 2016,
Quote by CrossBack7
A couple of shit scientific articles and managing to earn a full ride through college, graduating summa cum laude, and getting into one of the best grad schools in the world for my field, though I'm proud of none of them.

Maybe once I get first author on a paper or get my PhD or whatever, I dunno. Being proud of things is dumb unless they've actually contributed to society in some way.

Hmm, yeah i hear where you're coming from, though if i were you I would be proud as hell of all that.

I proud that i built a boat with my own hands and can take my little guy fishing in it when he's old enough. That's not contributing anything of importance to society, but it's important to me and i hope that it'll be important to him. I think its ok to be proud of that. Know what I mean?
Page 1 of 3