I'll be picking up a new amp this week and have it narrowed down to three. I was set on the Orange CR60. Then I played a Marshall DSL 15. I really liked the sound of the Marshall, I didn't really think it had a better sound than the Orange, just different. The only concern I had with the Marshall would be if the 15 would be enough to keep up with a drummer? So if it was between the Orange CR60, the Orange CR120 or the Marshall DSL 40 which one would be the better choice. I like everything from Aerosmith to Green Day. Thanks
the Marshall. Unless you're playing huge places, 120 watts is overkill. 40w should be plenty.

But! 120w solid state is probably not going to get as loud as a 100w tube head.

Anyhow...tubes always win in my opinion. Go for the marshall
If those were my options, I'd take the DSL, no questions asked.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The DSL40C; but some may advise a speaker change down the road. Currently working with a different amp but same speaker, personally can't say if that's worth it yet. But it's the best on the list for what you've described regardless.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
The DSL40C; but some may advise a speaker change down the road. Currently working with a different amp but same speaker, personally can't say if that's worth it yet. But it's the best on the list for what you've described regardless.

A speaker upgrade is important as the stock speaker is not that great, but a good speaker is not that expensive.
Sweet! Nice set up you have there!

Post up a new amp day thread (NAD).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What a classic rig, looks like rock&roll, HNAD!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Brian87gt at #33913089
I made my decision, couldn't be happier...

Gratz dude and great choice
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.