So I recently made an EP and I have no idea where to start selling it because it seems like you either have to put out a lot of money to get started or as with Createspace they take so much out that you never make a profit and actually end up owing them money. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where is a good place to sell an EP?
Bandcamp? Amazon? iTunes?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by PrincessD
So I recently made an EP and I have no idea where to start selling it because it seems like you either have to put out a lot of money to get started or as with Createspace they take so much out that you never make a profit and actually end up owing them money. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where is a good place to sell an EP?

I heard distrokid is pretty good. It's a flat rate ($20 I think) for a year, and they put your stuff on iTunes, Amazon, etc. And you get 100% of the sales after that.
And then you can just put it on your own Bandcamp, or spring for a more professional website like something from Squarespace maybe.
Really though unless you've got some really unique, high-quality music videos or a look that people love, or the literal best tunes around, you should probably focus on playing shows as a means to selling your record. If nobody knows who you are, they're probably not going to look you up to pay for your music. Go put your music in their face so they have to decide whether or not to buy it.
Custom-Built Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Orange Rockerverb 50 Combo
Why not build a following? Get it reviewed on indie podcasts, and find your audience that way as well, let people hear what youre selling. Its hard to just make and sell. You have to do some promoting as well. Get your music out there and see what the response is, then if they want to buy it they can.

Best,

Sean