So a buddy of mine is looking for an Ibanez RG. Probably looking for a used (less expensive and more options). He plays more classic rock (RUSH, Beatles, Led Zep, etc) but also some newer rock (borderline metal) so I told him HSS or HSH would be the best route. From personal experience I told him to avoid Gio and get a "true blood" Ibanez. The real hard part is fixed bridge. No trems of any kind. So anybody got any ideas on particular models that fit this description? I browsed the Ibanez Wiki but the search and sort functions really suck.
Last edited by alehanro999 at Apr 4, 2016,
Try posting this in the electric guitar forum your apt to get some responses there!

You have a good start with providing genre and that he does not want a tremolo and don't mind buying used but it will be helpful if you also provide:

His budget

Location helps us to know what your options will be

What gear will your friend be playing through

Repost in the electric guitar forum and provide some more info and you'll get more results
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

If you have the budget to avoid the gio's you probably should.
True blood Ibanez is harder to say. Ibanez has been pushing their iron label and premium lines a bunch and a lot of their cooler new stuff is in those lines.

but budget will help make that decision.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
the rg1451 was an HSH hardtail from a few years back (i saw it in the 2010 catalogue, I had to remind myself of the model name but it may have existed even a year or two after that) that's a Japanese-made prestige, if the budget will stretch to that. EDIT: I haven't tried that specific model, just to clarify.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oops. Read the title as Guitar, gear and accessories. Will do. And thanks for pointing out I forgot to discuss location. That is indeed the majority of the problem right now.