The last few years (2.5 or so), I've been very busy with "life outside of guitar" (eg. college, work). Despite my ear improving quite a bit over that time, my technical abilities has declined in that period, and I have been working at getting back into the swing of things over the past year (besides a 7 month stint last year of consistent work). /blogpost

Enough backstory rant and onto the actual song. This is an idea that I came up with a few weeks ago on a bass at a local music store, actually. I couldn't stop playing the Chorus bass-line, and I had to go home and notate it. As I always seem to do, whenever I come u with a noteworthy idea, I always add a date in parenthesis just so I have a personal time-frame on when I wrote it.

I had the idea sit for a couple days and by the time Easter Sunday came around, I wrote the entire song in a couple hours. All I need to add to this is a vocal melody and I'll be set. Hopefully, you guys will enjoy it and give me some criticism on what I can do to improve as a songwriter and musician. Thank you!
Attachments:
Groove Rock (3-24-2016).gp5
Skip the username, call me Billy
Hi again!

I've got to say I enjoyed this a lot more than the last one I crit'd for you. There's much more groove, flow and interesting chord progressions.

Of course, I'm a fan of math rock, prog and things even slightly experimental so you know... haha

Not much I can critique on this one. I'd be pretty interested in hearing your thoughts on a vocal part for this.
Quote by Of_Wolves
Hi again!

I've got to say I enjoyed this a lot more than the last one I crit'd for you. There's much more groove, flow and interesting chord progressions.

Of course, I'm a fan of math rock, prog and things even slightly experimental so you know... haha

Not much I can critique on this one. I'd be pretty interested in hearing your thoughts on a vocal part for this.

Again, thank you for checking this out! This is definitely one that I enjoyed writing out and fleshing out!

Vocal melodies are a bit of a rough spot for me (see the verse melody on my other track ), so I haven't even thought to come back for this.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Jul 23, 2016,