Page 1 of 3
Title

My best friend and I have spent the last week arguing over random petty shit we shouldn't even be arguing about and it's gotten to the point where I thought we should take a few days to cool it. She accepted the idea but I'm kinda getting the feeling she's finally pissed off enough to leave permanently, which wouldn't surprise me as she's good at holding grudges, and I really was being an invasive dick. Unfortunately because I'm thinking she might have left, I'm kind of incredibly regretful of ever mentioning this and even more so of going through with it, but I'm still going to, despite how much it's killing me inside.

So, that always feels better to write out, but this context or any other context, should you follow through on things you regret?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Are you asking if you should continue being petty?

Nah brah tell her how you feel

Unless the feelings are unreciprocated secual feelings, in which case keep them to yourself
Same except the lack of communication stopped happening randomly. More specifically, when I didn't make a move and she got herself a boyfriend.

It's not even the lack of love, I just miss having a close friend. I'm afraid to try talking again because I don't know how she even feel about me anymore. I think I'd like to be pushed into it, but I don't have friends who even know this side of me, so they don't know to push.

I'll try again eventually, is what I tell myself. Idk if I ever will. I suck.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 4, 2016,
Quote by whywefight
Are you asking if you should continue being petty?

Nah brah tell her how you feel

Unless the feelings are unreciprocated secual feelings, in which case keep them to yourself

No I'm asking if the small period of silence we're undertaking is something I really should break early, or just keep going with it.

Being petty was something I apologised for pretty quickly, her too, but I have the unfortunate feeling she's interpreted this 'I don't want to be friends anymore'

And despite her being a near perfect 10, I do not have sexual feelings for her.

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
What do you mean you think she "left?" like moved away?

Long distance friend, basically mean like she'll just totally ignore my messages and never reply.

Quote by whywefight
Nah he murdered her nbd

A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33911263

Long distance friend, basically mean like she'll just totally ignore my messages and never reply.

Ohhhh I see. Well this is a tricky situation, I've been in it with an ex-girlfriend before who lived long distance over the summer. Different situation obviously since you're not dating, but all I can say is that if you feel like not talking to her is going to drive you insane, then maybe it's actually best for you to try to go without communication for a while. I know that seems counter-intuitive, but it's really valuable to be comfortable being on your own sometimes. It's actually quite unhealthy to rely on a relationship with one person for your own happiness, because things like this do happen.

I'm not saying you should stop talking to her forever. She's your best friend, so you shouldn't have to, but give it some time and see how it feels. Also, I know you're not dating, but even so, women tend to find "clingyness" unattractive and off-putting. You should try to avoid coming off that way.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Apr 5, 2016,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Ohhhh I see. Well this is a tricky situation, I've been in it with an ex-girlfriend before who lived long distance over the summer. Different situation obviously since you're not dating, but all I can say is that if you feel like not talking to her is going to drive you insane, then maybe it's actually best for you to try to go without communication for a while. I know that seems counter-intuitive, but it's really valuable to be comfortable being on your own sometimes. It's actually quite unhealthy to rely on a relationship with one person for your own happiness, because things like this do happen.

I'm not saying you should stop talking to her forever. She's your best friend, so you shouldn't have to, but give it some time and see how it feels. Also, I know you're not dating, but even so, women tend to find "clingyness" unattractive and off-putting. You should try to avoid coming off that way.

Dude, this is what I needed to hear, thank you so much.
I'm still afraid she's held the grudge and won't come back, but at least I know I'm not taking the dumbest path available.

I feel a lot better.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33911280
Dude, this is what I needed to hear, thank you so much.
I'm still afraid she's held the grudge and won't come back, but at least I know I'm not taking the dumbest path available.

I feel a lot better.

You're welcome man

I learned the hard way unfortunately by breaking the no-contact thing too early, and she actually got pretty pissed. Granted, she was an emotional train wreck and fucked in the head pretty much all the time, but it was definitely a bad move on my part.
I mean if you break now you're just admitting you were wrong in the first place

i only say this because Megadeth has provided a legit answer
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11

pro tip from a married man

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by RAB11

i only say this because Megadeth has provided a legit answer

I already have admitted I was wrong

I did everything I could to apologise
But I'm scared she'll hold that grudge and we'll stop being friends
It's not being without her that scares me, it's losing her
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Personally if it were me I would talk to her about it. If she's holding a grudge there's not much you can do about it but at least if you talk you'll know one way or the other instead of wondering "what if" and having that tear you up inside.

If your friendship means as much to her as it does to you, she'll come round. If it doesn't, maybe it's for the best.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Just send her a video of you cumming on a picture of her face. It'll bring her around.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Title

My best friend and I have spent the last week arguing over random petty shit we shouldn't even be arguing about and it's gotten to the point where I thought we should take a few days to cool it. She accepted the idea but I'm kinda getting the feeling she's finally pissed off enough to leave permanently, which wouldn't surprise me as she's good at holding grudges, and I really was being an invasive dick. Unfortunately because I'm thinking she might have left, I'm kind of incredibly regretful of ever mentioning this and even more so of going through with it, but I'm still going to, despite how much it's killing me inside.

So, that always feels better to write out, but this context or any other context, should you follow through on things you regret?

When you're arguing about petty shit, it's often best to just, leave things to cool off for a day or too and come back when you're both in a better mood. Can't hurt sending a friendly message to check how they're doing, clear the waters and it's possible that everything is okay

However if it is happening incredibly often, it might be best to just leave it. Getting stressed out arguing in a heartfelt manner over very petty stuff isn't exactly best for your mental health. Cutting people who bring negativity into your life is also a great thing to do and can make you feel very good.

It's good to have people with contrary opinions to you in your life if you can respect each other and enrich each other's lives. It's not good when you're just having arguments and feeling negative over it.

I recently (past year really) had a massive argument with a friend - it wasn't the first time it has happened, and I offered the olive branch, but he rejected it, but my life has been improving every since.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Pastafarian96

And despite her being a near perfect 10, I do not have sexual feelings for her.

Quote by Rebel Scum

Should clarify
Wouldn't act on them
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Why does everything have to revolve around sex?
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Biological impulse for the defence of the species, a test of God or the pit's somewhat low-brow sense of humour

Take your pick
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

"should" as in "is there an obligation" or "is this correct"?

No. It's contextual.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
"should" as in "is there an obligation" or "is this correct"?

No. It's contextual.

Finally, someone who answered without reading the OP (I think).
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Finally, someone who answered without reading the OP (I think).
I read it.

But I don't think there is a right answer. It seems like no matter what happens, you're gounna regret it, and I don't think that you should base this in obligation or "correct practice" at all because really it's "do I stay or do I go?" and frankly I think you could decide just as well by flipping a coin if you're not gounna consult her about it. Either you do, or you don't.

I would leave it alone, but that's arbitrary.

Also
but this context or any other context, should you follow through on things you regret?
If you're gounna make an advice thread, just make it. Don't try and pretend it's anything else. I repeat: it's contextual. No universal rule of "follow through" or "don't follow through" is going to satisfy, it'll just lead to you being dissatisfied with your rule.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 5, 2016,
At what point does it seem like I'm the one who wants to leave? Two people have brought it up so I have failed communication at some point.
I wouldn't leave that girl if my life depended on it (sorta did at one point)

EDIT: I wanted it to be both too much to ask
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 5, 2016,
I say don't wait. Strike while the iron is hot. Don't let either of you cool off, think about what you did wrong and what you think she did wrong (with a focus on how you felt) and make sure you change the tone of the conversation from trying to be correct over one another to just communicating.

If you wait, the both of you might just cool off and try to forget about it and be friendly again but still resent one another over it.
I guess the questions you really need to ask are "if I go and apologise/ask for her back/whatever, will she be receptive to my contact, or will she push me away and end it?" and "Do I want her do end it?".
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
I guess the questions you really need to ask are "if I go and apologise/ask for her back/whatever, will she be receptive to my contact, or will she push me away and end it?" and "Do I want her do end it?".

Asking both of those heavily
Second one is a no
First one I'm really unsure of
Thinking I'll get either 'done already?' 'It's over' or 'let's never fight again'
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

What were you fighting about

Often when you argue with someone you can just live and live yet, let bygones and be bygones and leave some words unspoken. You don't need to ask for absolution or forgiveness, and neither side needs to give it.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Pastafarian96
Title

If being friends is more important to you than being right then just apologize. If you don't want to admit fault, then it's obvious where your value lies.

That said, if it's something petty like you say and they're willing to cut you off over it, maybe you're better off.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
What were you fighting about

Often when you argue with someone you can just live and live yet, let bygones and be bygones and leave some words unspoken. You don't need to ask for absolution or forgiveness, and neither side needs to give it.

Her moral choices vis-à-vis training an attack dog without professional help
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96

Whoa, that's not petty. She's fucking wrong. You don't just decide you're going to train an attack dog. That's how children get bit in the face.

You don't magically wake up one day with the ability to instill discretion into a violent animal.
I mean, is she really training an 'attack' dog, or just teaching him how to sic things on her command?

It it's the latter, not a big deal IMO.
Quote by Pastafarian96

Get rid of her before she ends up as dog shit.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
"I'm going to instill an inherent distrust of everyone except me and the tendency to attack things into this animal without any previous experience. It'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine."
Arguing over that isn't petty at all tbf you're justified to not talk to her

Quote by JustRooster
Whoa, that's not petty. She's fucking wrong. You don't just decide you're going to train an attack dog. That's how children get bit in the face.

You don't magically wake up one day with the ability to instill discretion into a violent animal.

Oh good, people agree with me
If only she'd read this

Quote by Banjocal

Get rid of her before she ends up as dog shit.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Arguing over that isn't petty at all tbf you're justified to not talk to her

I would but I don't have much else, I love her to death, even if she causes it
No wonder she called me an idiot
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Also:

Her: 'And when [the dog] gets old and is perfect you can suck my balls'
Me: '1. You don't have balls and 2. Even if you did, there's a chance [the dog] would have bitten them off before you got her to that age'
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Fat Lard
It really depends on her character and ability to train. If your best friend seems smart enough, print this out for her brah: http://www.expertsecuritytips.com/how-to-train-your-dog-to-attack-on-command/

Also, make sure that she has gotten all of the up-to-date dog shots and paperwork filed

Tip #1 is to wear a bite-arm protector. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!

EDIT:
Tip #3 is to irritate the dog by repeatedly tapping it's face. Yeah, fuck this site.

I need to realize that you're the guy that thinks psychedelic drugs can be a cure for PTSD. Because Vietnam vets taught us nothing about drugs and traumatic memories.
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 5, 2016,
Page 1 of 3