Page 1 of 2
It's finally here gentleman, announced on the 4th of April 2016 and I placed an order right away at my local Sam Ash! Will post a review once I get enough time with the guitar. Mastodon rocks \M/

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Designer/Ltd-Ed-Brent-Hinds-Flying-V-Custom.aspx

Mahogany body & neck, Ebony fingerboard, 18:1 ratio tuners, what more could you ask for?

Last edited by anthonymarisc at Apr 5, 2016,
ive never wanted something this much before.....how much is it? Cant find a price
Sweet, that is a beutiful guitar with some premium features, I am a fan of V shaped guitars and their varients, the only thing I'm not diggin is the jack plate.

Definately like the nickel, I have Grover 18:1 Rotomatics on my Washburn Parallaxe and love them!

Congrats!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 5, 2016,
well hello there beautiful.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by ImDesigner
ive never wanted something this much before.....how much is it? Cant find a price

$799, MSRP is around $1300 but for me it was like $800-something after taxes. I won't be getting it until the end of April that's when my local Sam Ash is receiving the shipment. I'm a huge Mastodon/Brent Hinds fan so I had to have it. It will go well with my Silverburst Thunderhorse.
Last edited by anthonymarisc at Apr 5, 2016,
I have been GASing after another V, plus this is in silver burst and comes with his Lace pickups. Looks like I have found another guitar to buy!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I'm quaking at the knees for this.

I don't even care if its only an Epiphone. I've wanted a V that looks exactly like this that isn't $5000 for so long.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 5, 2016,
Mines on order. $1129 CDN. Gonna look sick next to my Epiphone Les Paul Custom SB and Thunderhorse. Just need the G400 SB now.
Last edited by n3cr0p57 at Apr 13, 2016,
Quote by n3cr0p57
Mines on order. $1129 CDN. Gonna look sick next to my Epiphone Les Paul Custom SB and Thunderhorse. Just need the G400 SB now.

Wow over $1000 bones? I paid $800 after taxes.
Quote by anthonymarisc
Wow over $1000 bones? I paid $800 after taxes.

Canadian Dollars? Where? Taxes in Ontario are another 146.77 on top of that.
Last edited by n3cr0p57 at Apr 13, 2016,
I want to see NGD's of this guitar. Bring them in once you guys get them.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
What more could you ask for...

Gibson

LOL. I had to.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by n3cr0p57
Canadian Dollars? Where? Taxes in Ontario are another 146.77 on top of that.

Las Vegas, I was reading about ebony fretboards last night and now have a fear of it cracking in the dry Vegas air.
Last edited by anthonymarisc at Apr 14, 2016,
Man that thing looks fucking sick. God, I want a V sooooo bad.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
That's a beauty! I've actually got a unique Gibson V of sorts on it's way to me in the mail (NGD thread will be coming, of course), but I bet that thing plays like butter. I've always thought block inlays and binding really add to the look of the classic V - Too bad a Gibson version of this would probably run $3-4K!

Post some sound clips of her in action if you can!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by n3cr0p57
Mine came in today.

Anyone else get theirs yet?

Lucky son a gun, I still haven't gotten mine and I ordered it literally 30 minutes after Epiphone announced it. Hoping mine is in by this Monday, thats what the store told me gonna be really pissed if I don't get it soon. I sent out my Explorer for repair so all I have is my acoustic right now.
Mine landed @ my local guitar shop on Friday. Luckily their tech was in today to look it over and they gave me a call right away.
Not mentioned in the Specs..... the tone knob also acts as a kill pot.
Last edited by n3cr0p57 at Apr 24, 2016,
Quote by n3cr0p57
Mine landed @ my local guitar shop on Friday. Luckily their tech was in today to look it over and they gave me a call right away.
Not mentioned in the Specs..... the tone knob also acts as a kill pot.

Silverbursts *Orgasm*
Dammit, you have a Thunderhorse also. I really hope my V get's here soon. I gotta get me one of those Epi Silverburst SG's and complete my collection. Not really a Les Paul fan.
I've been GASing for the '66 G400 SB for awhile now. Had to get this one first before they were gone. I know where there is one and it'll mine soon enough.
Just pulled the trigger and ordered mine as well. It has been a while since I have bought a new guitar, normally go used. Can't wait!
Line 6 M13
Quote by anthonymarisc
It's finally here gentleman, announced on the 4th of April 2016 and I placed an order right away at my local Sam Ash! Will post a review once I get enough time with the guitar. Mastodon rocks \M/

Mahogany body & neck, Ebony fingerboard, 18:1 ratio tuners, what more could you ask for?

Odd location for the jack. I think I've seen them everywhere else on V's, but not there. Looks a bit like that bout is wearing a sock.
Quote by dspellman at #33943068
Odd location for the jack. I think I've seen them everywhere else on V's, but not there. Looks a bit like that bout is wearing a sock.

Same place as the 58 Gibby V and Dean Vs. It's not that odd.

Would look better with a different plate IMO though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Pray for me guys. Hope the store calls me today. Really wanna play the V, hadn't played electric in over 3 days. I was at my friend's the other night and absolutely went nuts on his Washburn. Lol
Last edited by anthonymarisc at Apr 25, 2016,
Good luck man.

The wait is the worst part
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Tell me about it. I just got a call from Sweetwater saying it might be as far back as July!
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese at #33943620
Tell me about it. I just got a call from Sweetwater saying it might be as far back as July!

Yikes, that's rough. Good luck duder.

Lucky for me, I only have to wait a couple of weeks for my new shit. Unfortunately it's not one of these Vs though
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Man that V looks sick. If I didn't just buy a Fender Elite Strat not even a month ago I would order that instantly lol. I love the looks of that.
Yeah they're super nice. I'd like it if they did one without a pickguard though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yikes, that's rough. Good luck duder.

Lucky for me, I only have to wait a couple of weeks for my new shit. Unfortunately it's not one of these Vs though

Whatdya' get? Luckily I just bought a Manta Ray 290 to hold me over.
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese at #33943701
Whatdya' get? Luckily I just bought a Manta Ray 290 to hold me over.

Starts with a G and ends with too much money spent
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Just got mine! Will post pictures tonight! Had to settle for a lackluster hard case. It's so light, and freaking beautiful in person. I'm a terrible guitar player but holding this thing makes me not care.

Won't be able to take off the stickers and factory strings till Wednesday. I'm gonna crank out Mastodon riffs for the next week or two so happy to finally get mine!

Can't wait to get it cleaned and put some new strings on!
Please stop torturing me with all of these NGD's. I need money.
Quote by TheSennaj
I'm seriously resisting the urge to buy this hard. But I got a nice notice on my FB feed today that the guitar I'm actually saving for and dead set on buying is opening for preorders a week from today.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Page 1 of 2