So, I've decided to do a dual amp set-up:

Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo 50 - High-Gain Rhythm and Lead tones only

Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister - All Clean tones

Using an A/B switch (no Y, because no.)

However, I'm using a Boss GT10 in 4CM with the Mesa, and with the way my effects chain on the GT10 works, I need to be able to use the GT to control the A/B switch:

Guitar > Compressor > Boost (High-Gain only) > Reverb (Clean only) > Loop Send to amp, then normal continuation of 4CM.

While the Mesa has a good clean tone, the relay system in the channel switch makes channel switching a headache. I want to use the current patches I have set up (including channel switches) in the GT with the Amp Control making the A/B switch.

Can someone recommend an A/B switch with external control that's not 200+ dollars? If it includes an isolation transformer, even better.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Lehle is good, but it may be a little outside the budget. That said, their stuff is among the first I'd look at.

I'd also look at Carl Martin stuff. I know they have a nifty A/B switcher, but I haven't looked ar it too closely.

http://lehle.com/EN/products
https://carlmartin.com/route-box/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 17, 2016,
Do you need an active switch? My home-made passive one works fine, no popping.

EDIT. It is a true bypass loop, but it also works for two-into-one or one-into-two, as A/B, it won't do Y.

I have a Boss LS-2 that would do A, B or Y, but I use it for the mixer capability.
Last edited by Tony Done at Apr 17, 2016,
Quote by Tony Done
Do you need an active switch? My home-made passive one works fine, no popping.

EDIT. It is a true bypass loop, but it also works for two-into-one or one-into-two, as A/B, it won't do Y.

I have a Boss LS-2 that would do A, B or Y, but I use it for the mixer capability.

I think the OP needs an AB switch with an external trigger input.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by 8Len8
I think the OP needs an AB switch with an external trigger input.

This
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale