Hi, Im Ed and I havent found my guitar on here. I don't have it with me yet (just won the auction) and will give more info as I can. All I know about it is that is a les paul replica and that someone removed most of the brand name on the headstock. It appears to be in cursive and appears to begin with the letter "E". It may not be an "E" but it is hard to tell. here is the pic of the headstock. I don't believe it to be an Edwards because the headstock is different on an Edwards and the font is also different. I also do not think it is an Eagle.

Last edited by edward.borges.3 at Apr 5, 2016,
Quote by MasterStohner
You should include in the OP that you don't think it's an Edwards.
And may I ask why the watermarks? Stock photos from where you bought it?

Yeah good point, and I bought it at auction from shopgoodwill.org. They actually have a ton of used guitars at low prices. Most of it is junk, but there are some good ones in the listing. Often times they only need to be cleaned and restrung
Don't think it is an Electra, either.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The 'E' is identical to the one Karl Ekhert uses for his name on his website. But can't find picture of one of his headstocks.
That looks pretty close.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah Emperador is pretty close... I think it is something so vintage due to the finish wear and bolt-on neck joint !
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Quote by mockbel
Yeah Emperador is pretty close... I think it is something so vintage due to the finish wear and bolt-on neck joint !

once i have it with me i can get a better look. If you go on jedistar i found that a lot of brands that start with "G" are really close to the first letter. It's defiantely an "E" but check out the loop on this "G" brand.

http://www.jedistar.com/images/guitar2/gherson_headstock.jpg

It definately isnt that brand, but the loop at the top of the "G" matches the style of the faded "E" on my headstock
Last edited by edward.borges.3 at Apr 6, 2016,
I'd say it's possible that it's an older build from Terada. They made guitars for a few different brands but they have similar headstocks to the one you've posted. Emperador is one, El Torres is another. You'll probably find other brands like Vega that also share that design:

A few Terada factory headstocks for reference:

El Torres:

Emperador:

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'd say it's possible that it's an older build from Terada. They made guitars for a few different brands but they have similar headstocks to the one you've posted. Emperador is one, El Torres is another. You'll probably find other brands like Vega that also share that design:

A few Terada factory headstocks for reference:

El Torres:

Emperador:

El Torres seems to be the closest so far
Quote by edward.borges.3 at #33913981
El Torres seems to be the closest so far

To be fair, El Torres, Gherson, Vega, Atlas, Emperador etc... were all made at the Terada factory at some point IIRC so really it could be any of them. I'm not super familiar with older bolt on MIJ guitars though so hopefully somebody else can add onto your info.

Have you tried Mylespaul? There are a few MIJ experts there that might be able to help.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
To be fair, El Torres, Gherson, Vega, Atlas, Emperador etc... were all made at the Terada factory at some point IIRC so really it could be any of them. I'm not super familiar with older bolt on MIJ guitars though so hopefully somebody else can add onto your info.

Have you tried Mylespaul? There are a few MIJ experts there that might be able to help.

yeah i have a thread on there, they arent helping too much lmao. I got more help from you guys
Quote by edward.borges.3 at #33914009
yeah i have a thread on there, they arent helping too much lmao. I got more help from you guys

Hmm... That's really odd. There are usually a few users that really know their stuff there (people like Udonitron for example).

But yeah, I mean with my limited knowledge I'd say it's an early (70s to early 80s) Terada made bolt-on LP copy.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster