Page 1 of 2
So as some of you may know, this video is making the rounds right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94gKTlBPNmk&nohtml5=False

Nick Jonas showcasing some of his legendary fretwork. Discuss this guitar god and the absolute legitimacy of the country music awards (which I swear happen 4 times a year)

Tabs available here, if you think you're up to snuff: https://gyazo.com/9460fb7164de744ca2930116df3331c4
Check out my band Disturbed
What's marketable > what's good.

That's just how business works in the music industry.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
His "nailed it" body language is really justified.
Good thing the sound guys made the guitar 10 times louder than the rest of the band or else the mastery might have gone unnoticed.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Apr 6, 2016,
Quote by stratkat
Meh, he fucked a few notes like any musician has when they do too just a little too much of whatever substance they're addicted too.

What if the substance is love?

Also a few? You sure about that? Or have your ears become accustomed to the sound of atonal and microtonal nonsense?
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Apr 6, 2016,
He's a plagiarist either way. I first played that solo years ago.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

The first note sounds like it could have been something but we were misled. Lil Wayne showed more potential
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Yeah, he muffed it pretty hard, but he's not an entirely incompetent player, as other videos out there show.

Meh, shit happens.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by RAB11
He's a plagiarist either way. I first played that solo years ago.

Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by chrismendiola
It sounds like somebody playing Guitar Hero for the first time.

Or one of those Shreds videos.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
It sounds like somebody playing Guitar Hero for the first time.

it really does
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Pastafarian96
What if the substance is love?

Also a few? You sure about that? Or have your ears become accustomed to the sound of atonal and microtonal nonsense?

Hey, I mean, when it started out it sounded like it could've went somewhere good.

But you could say the same about almost anyone who can hold/play a note correctly
The first few notes sounded great.

Then he started playing out of key like a jobber and trying to find the right pitch with his bends
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That Jonas solo is so wonderful, it's a real shame it's only about 5 seconds long. I'd love to hear an extended version.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Duaneclapdrix at #33913523
It's probably because the song's is in Db and "that's hard"
TBF, it's D major tuned 1/2-step flat on a guitar, which is a lot easier.

Did someone say extended version? Go to 0:29.
https://youtu.be/Ksu2bleSdUA?t=29s
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Did people expect anything different? He's just a pretty boy with a slightly above average amount of musical talent who is hired to be the face of a collective of unknown, far more talented individuals who actually write and produce the music.

They really should've hired a professional
I wonder if he rehearsed that or was he like "nah bro just give me an axe and I'll freestyle it"

And which of those would be worse
"what's wrong marty? are your parents disappearing again?" LOL

Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I like how you can kinda tell he was just like 'eh fuck it' and stopped playing well before the short bridge was done

and also how he's clearly not playing the right chords at all during the duet part and the guitar's not even in the mix

he must have shown up and was like, 'hey so I sing this song in the car all the time and I'm so fucking coked up right now, put me onstage with that slag lmao'
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

man, it just sounds like he totally brainfarted

i still want a guitar battle with him, lil wayne, and fred durst to appease the flamers
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33914597
I must have a bad ear for guitar cuz it sounds completely fine to me
Better than most guitar solos even

it's really not that bad tbh, if he had hit the note a semi tone below the one he did at 0:45 in the longer video the whole thing would have been passable. Instead he hit the wrong note and the whole thing sounded terrible. I'm not even sure the last note being off-key wasn't intentional, if he had slammed it and vibrato'd the crap out of it, it would've sounded fine.

Instead he's getting shit like this:
Quote by E7#9 at #33914093
Did people expect anything different? He's just a pretty boy with a slightly above average amount of musical talent who is hired to be the face of a collective of unknown, far more talented individuals who actually write and produce the music.

They really should've hired a professional
Last edited by whywefight at Apr 6, 2016,
Quote by whywefight at #33914621
it's really not that bad tbh, if he had hit the note a semi tone below the one he did at 0:45 in the longer video the whole thing would have been passable. Instead he hit the wrong note and the whole thing sounded terrible. I'm not even sure the last note being off-key wasn't intentional, if he had slammed it and vibrato'd the crap out of it, it would've sounded fine.

Instead he's getting shit like this:

Yeah it was an honest mistake, at least he wasn't miming.
Great now the guitar is even more uncool. So uncool you can't even hipster irony it anymore. Assuming hipsters magically resurfaced as cool again somehow.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33914597
I must have a bad ear for guitar cuz it sounds completely fine to me
Better than most guitar solos even

i think your ears are broken
Page 1 of 2